Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Mine arrived yesterday (Cleveland) according to my wife. I'm overseas @ the moment so not sure what all came, although she said she didn't see her companion GS card in the kit. (not sure how well she looked though)
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by wilp888
I received my 1K kit today but no card for my MM companion. The brochure also said the companion membership card can be found on the United mobile app. Anybody else beside WineCountryUA received a MM companion membership card?
My wife's recollection is that MM companion Global Services membership card gets sent in a separate mailing to the companion. Does that sound right?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by physioprof
My wife's recollection is that MM companion Global Services membership card gets sent in a separate mailing to the companion. Does that sound right?
Used to come separately, then was included with the primary, this year nothing.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mirfip16
Does anyone have an idea if and when 1K Kits will be sent overseas (Germany)?
having a hard time without the card to get into the gold lounges when crediting otherwise....
Anyone an idea ? thank you...
My 1K kit was attempted to be delivered to me in Germany on January 9, but they wouldn't leave it in my mailbox. Picked it up from Post Office on January 11, had to sign for it.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
They have not in recent years but there are reports of no companion card in the member kits and some references to virtual card. No reports of companions having received a separate kit. So at this point, insufficient info to draw any conclusion.
My wife received a kit a couple of years ago with her very own Yellow bag handle, 1K card, 1K address tags and drink coupons. I am waiting to see if she receives the current 1K amenity kit.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
My wife received a kit a couple of years ago with her very own Yellow bag handle, 1K card, 1K address tags and drink coupons. I am waiting to see if she receives the current 1K amenity kit.
Be prepared to be disappointed, halfway thru January and not a single reported 2020 MMer companion card / kit and many reports of none.
CopperSteve likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just received two emails welcoming me to 1K status for 2020. Um, thanks, but I requalified the first week in September. I wonder if this means they are not sending me a kit.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Be prepared to be disappointed, halfway thru January and not a single reported 2020 MMer companion card / kit and many reports of none.
My wife will be disappointed. She likes the handles. Of course I could give her my new blue one. I wonder if she, or I, requests a physical card for her M+ will send one. No biggie since she has a card on her ap.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No biggie since she has a card on her ap.
Unless LH or LX insists on seeing the physical card.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Gold and Silver can request bag tags but as far as I am aware no annual physical membership cards.
I dropped back to Gold last year and did not receive an offer to get a Gold card. Did receive the Plat card once I hit 75K PQMs this year.

Was the card the same size / shape as a conventional credit card with your name, membership number and a magnetic strip on the back?
Do you know how to go about requesting the bag tags? I've done it in the past, but can't figure out how to do it this year.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I also received my 1K package Monday. No MM companion 1K card for my daughter. The piece of paper does mention MM companion will have digital card through mobile app.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM, Global Entry, RCC LIFETIME (pd $2k in '90)), HH GOLD, Pan Am Clipper Club Lifetime
I phoned Mileage Plus about the Million Miller Companion card yesterday. The agent had to put me on hold to ask about it. At first she thought I was asking about the kit for the companion and all
I was asking for was info regarding the physical card. She placed me on hold again. Finally she said the Million Mile companion will NOT RECEIVE a physical card and use the the digital card on
the UA app.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
No biggie since she has a card on her ap.
Unless LH or LX insists on seeing the physical card.
Which has been discussed ad nauseam and either a BP or digital card is sufficient for the past year or so -- without those is when the problems occur.
Yes, there were issues in the past but based on numerous reports in 2019, that was the past.
Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020]

A recent case the user did not see how to show the card with *G symbol and did not have the *G BP.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
UA discontinued the separate mailing for the companion a few years back. The companion card was just included with the primary package. As indicated, there is no mailing to companions.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:39 pm

Which has been discussed ad nauseam and either a BP or digital card is sufficient for the past year or so -- without those is when the problems occur.
Many of us consider it best practices to carry the physical card, because LH and LX agents do not always follow the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.