Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:38 am

Got my 1K kit today here in Germany, so at the very last moment I guess.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by tomwhom
I got an unpleasant surprise:

Two days ago I received the mail after work. On the way from mail box to my door I felt something wrong since the packet seems light as I knew the wireless charger should be in the package, I ended up getting a platinum kits. I re-qualified 2020 1K on 12/31 the very last day, which may be the blame. I will email 1K Voice and see what happens next.

Anyone the same?
Update: Got 1K kit bigger package yesterday, so I got 5 more drink vouchers though never use.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by naumank
Anyone's digital card in the mobile app updated?
Mine didn’t update and wouldn’t update. Deleted the “wallet card” and tried to add it from the app but no option to do so. Deleted the app, reinstalled et voila!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
WineCountryUA Yeah, I guess it was as advertised, but I was saying for the type of envelope & mailing that was sent it should have had at least a Thank you for reaching Premier Silver or some benefits listed... I would have accepted a regular blue or even plain envelope as this was a thick envelope and a card that held the luggage tag.

Last edited by am1108; Feb 2, 2020 at 8:31 am Reason: Post Quote from WineCountryUA did not go through
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Website said mine was shipped on the 24th. Of course hasn't arrived. I fear that even though I changed by address in Late Nov that somehow United sent it to the wrong place. I wonder if Mileage Plus dept can lookup the tracking number?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
Wonder if they will finally give international address members the Luggage Handle wrap. I have been 1K for 5+ years and have never been able to get one of those yellow ones... Hoping for a blue one this year.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dkmatter
Website said mine was shipped on the 24th. Of course hasn't arrived. I fear that even though I changed by address in Late Nov that somehow United sent it to the wrong place. I wonder if Mileage Plus dept can lookup the tracking number?
I changed my address with United in October or so and I got a call from my old apartment building yesterday saying they had something from United for me.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JAaronT
I changed my address with United in October or so and I got a call from my old apartment building yesterday saying they had something from United for me.
Yeah my kit went to asia. Mileage Plus desk said that address changes don't make their way over to them for quite a while. I guess we should feel safe that our personal data is so secure, even United itself doesn't have up-to-date access to it. These things get generated and mailed out in batches every two weeks so I won't get it for 3. So it goes.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:33 pm

Got mine last week in Japan. Nothing for my wife/companion, though. I need her physical card a) for LH lounge access and b) to get "preferred access" at HKG. Would it be best to send message to 1Kvoice?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
.... I need her physical card a) for LH lounge access ....
Have you been denied access with a *G BP or digital card recently -- say last 18 months? You might find that things have changed,

However, it is been reported UA might provide cards on request after mid-Feb (and probably will take 4-6 weeks) but the need for the card may be less than most think (remember issues from years ago).
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Finally received my 1K kit today, a mere 5 months after requalifying (Sept. 4, 2019).

Surprised to discover the "Premier 1K" logo on the charger is just a white cardboard paste-on. Looks kind of low-budget.
onthesam likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Finally received my 1K kit today, a mere 5 months after requalifying (Sept. 4, 2019). ...
Has that not been the practice in the past as a requalifier than the kits aren't generally sent out until January?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Looks kind of low-budget.
It's United; you are surprised?
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Has that not been the practice in the past as a requalifier than the kits aren't generally sent out until January?
Never this late. Considering I requal'd in early September, you'd think they could get me the new one before the old one expired.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:23 am

Never this late. Considering I requal'd in early September, you'd think they could get me the new one before the old one expired.
Have you actually needed the physical card in the past year (instead of the digital card? which is always up-to-date). The physical card is becoming an anachronism.
Will grant I also carry the physical card but old habits die hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.