Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
In the documentation for the wireless charger, it tells you to go to the "my status" link for an adapter for older phones. All I could find was a list of current phones that work with the adapter. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for older phones (e.g Motorola)? Thanks.
A bit late to be asking.

The adapter for a non-compatiable phone isn't really any better than a standard charging cable.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:18 am

never received my second shipment, called to see whats going, the company that sends them is still closed...and most likely they arent sending any more out
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carzaddict
never received my second shipment, called to see whats going, the company that sends them is still closed...and most likely they arent sending any more out
Correct. No more kits this year period. Confirmed a few weeks back directly with UA.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Have never received my 1K kits

Since I became 1K 5 or 6 years ago I have never received a 1K member kit. I've emailed and called MP a few times, all my contact info is correct, they send out another kit and I still do not receive one. Now that I have time on my hands, I've called again but they have shut down the department that deals with the kits because of the pandemic.

Anyone else ever had problems receiving their kits?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:56 am

Request Mileageplus Member (physical card)

Hello. I just got to gold status for the year. Is it possible to request a physical mileageplus member card. I know you don't need it as all the detail are on the app and possibly ticket as well, but would be nice to have. If I call them would thy send me my card. Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello appleipaddy, and welcome to flyertalk!

Unfortunately, United are not provided physical member cards for Gold status. For the most part you won't need it, since as you are aware, the details are coded into the boarding pass and app.

If you do encounter issues with lounge access, for instance, please post here.

Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020]

Hope you enjoy your new status.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: United Plat
Is United sending any physical "welcome" items out right now when you reach new levels? Just reached Gold and Platinum both this month so curious if they send anything as they do for Silver to "welcome" you.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alex Szablewski
Is United sending any physical "welcome" items out right now when you reach new levels? Just reached Gold and Platinum both this month so curious if they send anything as they do for Silver to "welcome" you.
When did you receive a "welcome" for Silver, and what was it?

I had the understanding they'd stopped sending any physical items to any status below 1K since a couple years ago, but perhaps they have resumed. It would be a bit surprising in current times, given their financial circumstances, but perhaps they are going to make the MP program more "welcoming" again with hopes to enhance loyalty, which would be a welcome return.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: United Plat
the welcome for silver was received pretty early in the year and was just an envelope with a printed copy of the letter you can read on the United website and the Silver status member card. This was Pre-Covid though so most likely has changed now. Was just curious if anyone had gotten anything for the statuses since covid.

Update by OP
Ah that rings a bell. It was the bag tag not an actual membership card that I received. Apologies for the confusion.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 29, 2020 at 3:44 pm Reason: Update by OP
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, perhaps there is a chance of receiving a first-time card for Gold / Platinum as well, then.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Well, perhaps there is a chance of receiving a first-time card for Gold / Platinum as well, then.
i hope so.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
All recent reports are no new cards for any level at this time.

UA has resumed providing UC membership cards but no elite cards -- all virtual
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
All recent reports are no new cards for any level at this time.

UA has resumed providing UC membership cards but no elite cards -- all virtual
I had thought the reports of no new cards started last year or before, though, and above Alex Szablewski mentions receiving one in the early part of this year. My timeline may be off, however.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:34 am

I had thought the reports of no new cards started last year or before, though, and above Alex Szablewski mentions receiving one in the early part of this year. My timeline may be off, however.
For Silver (3 years ago) and Gold (2 years) but post-COVID Plats and 1Ks have not been receiving cards. No GS data points (not sure there have been any new GSs post-COVID)
8MiHi likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For Sliver (3 years ago) and Gold (2 years) but post-COVID Plats and 1Ks have not been receiving cards. No GS data points (not sure there have been any new GSs post-COVID)
Thanks, that matches what I'd roughly recollected, then. Perhaps for first time qualifiers they are now sending a card, though.

the welcome for silver was received pretty early in the year and was just an envelope with a printed copy of the letter you can read on the United website and the Silver status member card. This was Pre-Covid though so most likely has changed now. Was just curious if anyone had gotten anything for the statuses since covid.
Just one data point -- hard to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.