Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by OU812

The fact that Plats with Marriott get complimentary Premier Silver status on United may have a significant impact. Lots more competition for E+ @ checkin!
Seriously, how many people who sty that many nights in a hotel don't have any airline status already?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stanj
Now waiting for the "oh we forgot to mention"...to maintain UA Elite Status you now have to meet a minimum spend requirement at Marriott also.
Don't give Jeff any ideas!!!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Seriously, how many people who sty that many nights in a hotel don't have any airline status already?
Not many. But folks here like to gyrate/gesticulate wildly, as we see in the "UA Club is full" thread.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:33 pm

This new program sounds good to me

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by mecabq
Wow, a pleasant surprise. This seems like a great promotion -- Marriott Gold is a very solid tier, and difficult to reach otherwise (50 nights).

One obvious question, not mentioned in the T&C, is whether lifetime Gold (1MM) will receive Marriott gold in perpetuity. I would presume so, but of course we must be skeptical.

No doubt I am not the only person here who assumes that this is a moderate piece of good news that will inevitably be followed soon by the other shoe to drop, e.g., the massive devaluation a la Skypesos.
Yes BUT the Marriott is Silver ? thats a bit of a kick in the !#!#$$ ! You would think if Gold was offered they might get some real business rather than "pedestrian" usage. I would as a PLT Premier really consider moving over

Programs: UA 1K
Nice little perk that I wasn't expecting
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Yes BUT the Marriott is Silver ? thats a bit of a kick in the !#!#$$ ! You would think if Gold was offered they might get some real business rather than "pedestrian" usage. I would as a PLT Premier really consider moving over
But the perk is getting Marriott Gold if you are UA Gold and above. It is UA Silver for Marriott Platinum members.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Some don't have UA status and might fly now that they have silver because you can get a middle Econ. Plus seat now!!!!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
^

Lol @ all the folks who expected doom and gloom. But I guess you can't blame em a tiny bit.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Very nice, United! I understand the frustrations of existing Marriott Golds, but I also really appreciate this benefit for UA elites.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Is registering for this program the only way to transfer miles into points 1:1? I am currently a UA Gold and Marriott PL.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
For many this might be great but I'm already Premier Gold and Marriott Platinum so this won't do much for me. I got really excited for a minute when I thought it might allow double dipping like SPG-DL.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FC ORD
Like many others, this enhancement is a negative for me. I am already Marriott Plat and United 1K, so the only thing is see is more crowds in the Marriott lounges. Now if we could "double dip" that would be nice.

On the negative side, this change could push me over to Hilton. I stay enough nights to be an elite in only one program, If I can now be Gold in Marriott because of my UA status, then I may stay fewer nights there and instead stay mote at Hilton to also achieve status there.

Does this make sense to any of you?
It's not the elite status per se that is important to me, since 95% of the time I'm at a Hampton Inn where the benefits just don't matter. What's important to me is the point accelerators that come with elite status, allowing me to build up more points in one program so I can use them for reward stays.

At this point I'm trying to figure out if I want to remain with Hilton or switch to something else. This announcement gives me something to think about.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by naumank
Is registering for this program the only way to transfer miles into points 1:1? I am currently a UA Gold and Marriott PL.
No terms and conditions specifically say you don't need to register to utilize the improved transfer rates.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Is it really that bad though to be silver? You get free E+, 1 free checked bag, some upgrades on short-haul flights, and the mileage bonus. That's a pretty good deal I think.

I think part of the reason they didn't give out Gold is that there are a lot of real costs associated with gold. Paying other airlines for lounge access, 3 bags across *A, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.