Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Just checked my Marriott account, says I'm silver instead of gold! Although I had trouble the first year, its renewed automatically each year after that. Should I call Marriott or United? I have a stay next week, want to make sure I'm gold for the points/breakfast!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Marriott and United

So I am GS on united and last year was Gold on Marriott with the linked account. I dropped to silver on Marriott this year bc I didnt have enough nights despite being GS. When I called Marriott to ask about it, they said it was for one year only. Anyone else seeing this? I thought it was perpetual as long as the deal existed and you maintained status. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

NYR2299
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:41 am

Nah, the agent was confused. Call United or just re-submit the forum via Rewards Plus, and they’ll enhance your status.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:47 am

You should still be Gold on Marriott (UA Gold and higher get Marriott Gold).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...2018-a-58.html
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nyr2299
...When I called Marriott to ask about it, they said it was for one year only. Anyone else seeing this? I thought it was perpetual as long as the deal existed and you maintained status...
Agent was technically correct. It is for one year at a time, not perpetual, but it is supposed to renew if UA Gold or better maintained and Marriott continues the deal..
Just semantics...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nyr2299
So I am GS on united and last year was Gold on Marriott with the linked account. I dropped to silver on Marriott this year bc I didnt have enough nights despite being GS. When I called Marriott to ask about it, they said it was for one year only. Anyone else seeing this? I thought it was perpetual as long as the deal existed and you maintained status. Any idea how to fix this?
Just renew your sign up at https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...ch.jsp?lang=en

There are a few potential reasons for the agent's response. Some GS got Marriott Plat instead of Gold, that was just a 1-year promo. This year GS are getting Marriott Gold status.

Secondly, it sort of unclear if you need to renew the request Gold match every year or not. There is no promise if Marriott or United will continue this indefinitely. But so far they have continued each year.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
it sort of unclear if you need to renew the request Gold match every year or not.
We didn't have to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was inconsistent based on the two IT departments involved.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: United GS, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
The review and renew process was out of sync for me this year. I reserved a room at a Marriott two days in advance, got my confirmation listing Marriott Gold status, and then was surprised when the agent at check-in thanked me for being a Silver member!

​​​​​I called Marriott Rewards. They said they reviewed all the accounts in February and mine didn't show United Gold or higher status, so I was knocked down. Strange, since I've continuously held 1K status.

​​​​​​Marriott Rewards put in a request but said could take a couple weeks. At the same time I resubmitted on the RewardsPlus site. One way or another I was back at Gold after a week or so.

I think from now on I'll probably resubmit on RewardsPlus every 6 months or so...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold- 3Mar19}

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.