Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

India/Pakistan 2019 conflict impacts UA to India,DEL suspended 5 Apr 19 until 5 Sept?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tarheelnj
*** Email 7/30/19 - EWR-DEL/BOM nonstops resume September 6th.***

Posted 16 Juky 2019

Posted 15 July 2019

Posted 21 June 2019

Older Updates -- DEL "Cancellations" extended thru end of July 2019 (although Travel Alerts still refers to July 2)

Was "announced" in the Q1 earnings conference call today this would be extended to 2 July 2019, the data in "Travel waivers" has not been updated.
DEL service suspended until July
Due to seasonal winds and the continued closure of Pakistani airspace, we’re currently unable to operate our flights between New York/Newark (EWR) and New Delhi (DEL) while meeting crew flying time requirements. Beginning April 5, in order to minimize the inconveniences for our customers, we will suspend the service until July 2 for eastbound flights and July 3 for westbound flights. We’ll continue to closely monitor this situation and remain in contact with U.S. government authorities and our international partners. We’re also reaching out directly to our customers booked on these flights to provide alternative travel options, including rebooking on other airlines or offering full refunds. We will continue to operate our nonstop flights from New York/Newark to Mumbai (BOM).

related thread -]UA 48/49 EWR BOM suspended due to "current events in Iran" 20 June 2019 until 1 Sept?
Print Wikipost

India/Pakistan 2019 conflict impacts UA to India,DEL suspended 5 Apr 19 until 5 Sept?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Reports saying Pakistan will partially close their airspace to India flights again:
https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/........1565213402157
Oh jeez...this is too much!

Hopefully it doesn't affect UA flights!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I hate this back and forth stuff, I booked a UA award on AC as a backup for my trip in November, but just brutal, not sure if I should just scrap my india trip altogether I don't want to book hotels, intra-india flights etc with all this going on and potentially loose a bunch of non-refundable cash...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by whitethunder
I hate this back and forth stuff, I booked a UA award on AC as a backup for my trip in November, but just brutal, not sure if I should just scrap my india trip altogether I don't want to book hotels, intra-india flights etc with all this going on and potentially loose a bunch of non-refundable cash...
If you think Hong Kong is bad, just wait for this India/Kashmir/Pakistan conflict to really heat up - I would probably scrap the trip and look for somewhere else to go. With India's recent annexation, the risk of being in the wrong place at the wrong time during a visit is probably much higher now given the uncertainty of how all of the involved parties will start to react.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.