Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

India/Pakistan 2019 conflict impacts UA to India,DEL suspended 5 Apr 19 until 5 Sept?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tarheelnj
*** Email 7/30/19 - EWR-DEL/BOM nonstops resume September 6th.***

Posted 16 Juky 2019

Posted 15 July 2019

Posted 21 June 2019

Older Updates -- DEL "Cancellations" extended thru end of July 2019 (although Travel Alerts still refers to July 2)

Was "announced" in the Q1 earnings conference call today this would be extended to 2 July 2019, the data in "Travel waivers" has not been updated.
DEL service suspended until July
Due to seasonal winds and the continued closure of Pakistani airspace, we’re currently unable to operate our flights between New York/Newark (EWR) and New Delhi (DEL) while meeting crew flying time requirements. Beginning April 5, in order to minimize the inconveniences for our customers, we will suspend the service until July 2 for eastbound flights and July 3 for westbound flights. We’ll continue to closely monitor this situation and remain in contact with U.S. government authorities and our international partners. We’re also reaching out directly to our customers booked on these flights to provide alternative travel options, including rebooking on other airlines or offering full refunds. We will continue to operate our nonstop flights from New York/Newark to Mumbai (BOM).

related thread -]UA 48/49 EWR BOM suspended due to "current events in Iran" 20 June 2019 until 1 Sept?
Print Wikipost

India/Pakistan 2019 conflict impacts UA to India,DEL suspended 5 Apr 19 until 5 Sept?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I was in India last week. Flew out EWR-BOM on 2/14 and returned DEL-EWR on 2/22-23. Neither GPU cleared. All I can say is Phew!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
So, what is the "transit hotel" located within FRA?
It’s at the end of Z pier where the Tower Lounge used to be.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
So, what is the "transit hotel" located within FRA?

I think it was posted up thread, but it was a card with MyCloud hotel on it that they were giving to the pax in the line next to me without EU entry. Have not been there myself, even though I've been through FRA many times - wish I had known that exists for some long layovers.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Looks like the original aircraft that we were on to FRA is now on the way back to EWR as UA2770 - entire J cabin is empty and only a very few seats in Y occupied.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: UA GS
Wednesday’s UA82 originally filed a route to avoid the airspace but if you look at the aircraft position at the time of the screenshot it looked to be on it’s normal route. Are restrictions lifted?

Thursday’s UA83, in addition to the stop in BGR, is delayed about 9 hours, presumably because this flight is carrying in the replacement crew that couldn’t make it due to the LHR diversion.

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by villox
Wednesday’s UA82 originally filed a route to avoid the airspace but if you look at the aircraft position at the time of the screenshot it looked to be on it’s normal route. Are restrictions lifted?

Thursday’s UA83, in addition to the stop in BGR, is delayed about 9 hours, presumably because this flight is carrying in the replacement crew that couldn’t make it due to the LHR diversion.

img
Maybe whacky flight info?

Flightaware shows avoiding Kashmir:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...210Z/KEWR/VIDP
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
No, Pakistan is not yet open! FlightAware and FlightView (UA.com's contracted plotter) cannot resolve the airways from the flight plan after Saudi. If you plot the flight plan's text into SkyVector.com and see the plot, the flights are flying right along the filed route through UAE, Oman and south of Iran and Pakistan airspace.
AceReport likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As noted, flightaware doesn't seem to have the full plan, but it is showing the avoidance:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...210Z/KEWR/VIDP
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
UA 48 landed a short while ago.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../ua48#1fa4f344

Previous flights routed like this one

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...120Z/KEWR/VABB
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by rolltribe
Likely took rest in LHR/FRA, getting to BOM/DEL, and then resting again before making the trip back.
Not quite sure. The diverted flights from Tuesday both ferried back empty to EWR this morning, and the inbound Wednesday frames will be used as immediate turns. I don't know how the crew sorts out -- I would have guessed that the crews coming in on the Monday flights who were scheduled to operate the canceled Wednesday night flights would be used for tonight's flights without issue, but I'm not sure how crew scheduling normally works off the top of my head.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:01 pm

For "tonight's" UA83, both FlightAware and United.com are now showing YHZ as an alternative pit stop to BGR.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:04 pm

UA83 is now en route from DEL and is making the crew swap at YHZ. Flight distance is 7780 miles, time to YHZ is 16hr46 which is 20 minutes longer than the SFO-SIN I flew back in November.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL83

Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
I am on UA 49 in a couple of days and this morning my seat was randomly swapped from a premium plus row to row 38 and I can no longer get that seat back. The aircraft still has the same configuration so no idea what happened.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Travel Waiver officially posted.

FWIW, here's the FT thread with links to United waiver pages: Travel Waiver: South Asia Airspace Restriction (March 1, 2019 - March 4, 2019)

David
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller
UA83 is now en route from DEL and is making the crew swap at YHZ. Flight distance is 7780 miles, time to YHZ is 16hr46 which is 20 minutes longer than the SFO-SIN I flew back in November.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL83
Saturday's (3/2) UA83 cancelled (presumably because the inbound UA82 is showing a 14 hour delay), while Sunday's (3/3) UA83 is making a stop at KEF. Whereas all the BOM flights seem to be stopping in BGR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.