FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1955695-ua-mailing-baggage-handle-wraps-1k-gs-customers-archive.html)

cova Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 21008451)
There is already a thread about this and yes, it is for gate check on RJ's to get it faster.

Can you provide Link - I looked and did not see one.

Baze Jun 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 21008820)
Can you provide Link - I looked and did not see one.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...k-gs-tags.html

cova Jun 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 21008835)

This implies a different colored gate tag - instead of green ones. Maybe they will do that as well.

I think the gift of a United Logo handle wrap is different than the gate tag. If you want people to search then the title needs to be specific.

No mention in that link title of key words - like handle, wrap, token, bag, gift, etc.

This item is not a gate tag - it is a fancy United Logo velcro gold colored handle wrap.

TA Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Any photos of this for us to see?

Baze Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 21008853)
This implies a different colored gate tag - instead of green ones. Maybe they will do that as well.

I think the gift of a United Logo handle wrap is different than the gate tag. If you want people to search then the title needs to be specific.

No mention in that link title of key words - like handle, wrap, token, bag, gift, etc.

This item is not a gate tag - it is a fancy United Logo velcro gold colored handle wrap.

Yes I know, did you read the entire thread? It is referring to the gold colored wrap and it being used like the green tags for 1K and GS.

Baze Jun 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by TA (Post 21008877)
Any photos of this for us to see?

See the thread I linked

LIH Prem Jun 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 21002577)
Ms. Trash and I got ours today in Houston. Got the duct tape out to wrap them securely to their respective handles.

Make sure the duct tape covers the gold part completely to preserve them.

:D

cova Jun 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 21008879)
Yes I know, did you read the entire thread? It is referring to the gold colored wrap and it being used like the green tags for 1K and GS.

Yes I read it. But that thread subject was on different Elite baggage tags for gate checks which would apply to all Elites.

Then about 6 days later someone posted to the same thread with a new subject - handle wrap gift for 1K/Plat which is a different item. Even with the wrap you still need a gate check tag with serial number.

To change the subject in a thread after a number of days when the thread had died out makes it very difficult to search titles. I suggest the posts after the gap be moved to this thread, which is of interest to 1K/Plat with the other thread covering a different subject of interest to all Elites.

Baze Jun 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 21008925)
Yes I read it. But that thread subject was on different Elite baggage tags for gate checks which would apply to all Elites.

Then about 6 days later someone posted to the same thread with a new subject - handle wrap gift for 1K. Plat which is a different item. Even with the wrap you still need a gate check tag with serial number.

To change the subject in a thread makes it very difficult to search titles. I suggest to posts after the gap be moved to this thread, which is of interests to 1K/Plat with the other thread covering a different subject of intersest to all Elites.

Well, I am not a moderator and have nothing to do with merging threads which is what happened to that one. Was 2 separate and got merged into one. Started as a rumor about possible tags then refined into the wraps were the tags. Now whether this one gets merged into that one or that one gets merged into this one or this one closed because the other one is there is up to the moderators.

LaserSailor Jun 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 20999040)
You mean I no longer have to tip the guy loading the bags a few bucks to put mine on last? :-:

I tip them in skypesos...

GregMM Jun 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 21008925)

Posts 16 and 18, UnitedFlyGuy, about 5 hours after the thread started, 11 days ago:

This is for RJs. If a GS/1K your bag will receive a yellow handle to go over the handle on the bag. Ramp agents will load these last and take these off first. They will be the first bags on the jetway.

To clear the confusion - this is happening. Suppose to start 7/1 but I haven't heard anything since they initially sent out a memo.

UnitedFlyGuy Jun 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Just an update for you guys - Have seen these start to pop up in the airport and from what I've witnessed, they are indeed first on the jetway after the flight.

CMH500 Jun 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Possible new gate check 1k/GS tags

For a program that allegedly starts today, it doesn't sound as if too many people (GS/1K) have received them.

kmfdm91 Jul 1, 2013 12:02 am

I received mine in Arlington (22202) on Saturday. Understandably, my wife - a Gold didn't get one.

That said, it's a maybe US$0.05 piece of nylon, made in China that looks as cheap as it was to make.

We'll see if it actually gets bags delivered quicker from RJs - but naturally it should be UAs goal to get mainline aircraft on the routes that 1Ks/GSes fly most often...but I digress.

-jeremy

goodeats21 Jul 1, 2013 3:16 am

Still have not received mine....and I still don't see any type of official announcement that this has anything to do with priority handling for gate checked bags.

:confused: