FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1955695-ua-mailing-baggage-handle-wraps-1k-gs-customers-archive.html)

goodeats21 Aug 12, 2019 6:36 am

Last 2 flights when I had to gate-check my roller bag, it came out last. Not toward the end, but the absolute last bag brought up.

Up until then, it was pretty reliably the first bag up.

Going to request a new wrap, as mine is pretty dingy. Maybe a brighter appearance will help...?

StuckinITH Aug 12, 2019 9:20 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 31406757)
Last 2 flights when I had to gate-check my roller bag, it came out last. Not toward the end, but the absolute last bag brought up.

Going to request a new wrap, as mine is pretty dingy. Maybe a brighter appearance will help...?

Maybe the luggage handlers think that you were 1K years ago and not anymore.

I started using the yellow handle this year and my luggage gets out first, except in the rare cases where there is a GS or other 1Ks. Usually there are none on my route from/to my home airport but one time there were 4. It really helps when the connection gets tight.

tarheelnj Sep 13, 2019 10:51 am

I took an AA flight recently on an E90 and had to gate check my bag. I was upgraded, so happy to see AA puts a separate tag (below) on FC bags presumably to have them delivered first.

My bag arrived last. Not sure why, but I later wondered whether it was because I had left my UA yellow handle wrap on my bag!
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...be1529150d.jpg

limey1K Sep 13, 2019 11:49 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 31406757)

I ran mine through the washing machine with a load of clothes and it came out looking considerably better. Not back to new but a much brighter yellow.

Having said that, it seems to work well at certain hub airports (DEN, LAX come to mind), others not so much (EWR, PHL, most smaller regional airports)

nomad420 Sep 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by limey1K (Post 31521766)
I ran mine through the washing machine with a load of clothes and it came out looking considerably better. Not back to new but a much brighter yellow.

Having said that, it seems to work well at certain hub airports (DEN, LAX come to mind), others not so much (EWR, PHL, most smaller regional airports)

I don't use it as indicated as I rarely carry on baggage do I put it on my odd size luggage that I use for work. I thought maybe it would come out into the baggage claim area earlier. It has had zero effect. Perhaps because it is on the odd size luggage and often for what ever reason that gets loaded on to the belt last.

fumje Sep 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420 (Post 31522551)
I don't use it as indicated as I rarely carry on baggage do I put it on my odd size luggage that I use for work. I thought maybe it would come out into the baggage claim area earlier. It has had zero effect. Perhaps because it is on the odd size luggage and often for what ever reason that gets loaded on to the belt last.

It's only for priority in the valet check on regional jets, so all you do by putting it on larger luggage is increase your chance of losing it! :eek:

cubsfan312 Sep 28, 2019 11:20 am

I hit 1K in May for the first time, and got my 1K kit in June. Randomly got one of these in the mail this past week unsolicited. I didn't even know what they were for -- I've seen people with them in airports and I thought they might be a promotional thing.

My employer has us all put Visitags on our bags when traveling (they indicate we're press so when I'm carrying a gas mask and a vest to a protest, TSA is a little less suspicious) -- so now I have to figure out a way to keep both of them on. Does anyone have a problem fitting theirs under the handle on the top of their carryon?

Silver Fox Sep 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Is exactly where I put mine.

ryman554 Sep 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Some baggage handler stole mine....

First they destroy my bag,.move handle to new bag and then they abscond with the yellow handle.... Two checked bsgs,.two incidents!

I actually like the yellow handle when checking luggage... Any actually get another?

fumje Sep 28, 2019 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ryman554 (Post 31573719)
Some baggage handler stole mine....

First they destroy my bag,.move handle to new bag and then they abscond with the yellow handle.... Two checked bsgs,.two incidents!

I actually like the yellow handle when checking luggage... Any actually get another?

You can call and request another.

And then put a zip tie on it.

AirbusFan2B Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 30848500)
Based on prior year reports -- it is very common for there to be a blackout period from Nov to Feb on the availability of the wraps.

Case in point: Just called MP agent who said ‘not till February.’ Same goes for MP cards.

WineCountryUA Nov 1, 2023 11:11 pm

This is an archive thread, the active thread is
UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator