FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1955695-ua-mailing-baggage-handle-wraps-1k-gs-customers-archive.html)

FriendlySkies Jul 2, 2013 8:39 pm

Just opened up my mail to find the tag from UA.. I have to check my rollerboard on my return to MCI, or else I'd see how the tag worked on the ERJ-145 back.

thnarf Jul 2, 2013 9:30 pm

Got mine yesterday... I was hoping they would send them out in different colors so that we could actually recognize our bags as being different :)

Air Houston Jul 2, 2013 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by kenn0223 (Post 21026973)
My guess is they are trying to manage expectations. If they announce it they have to deliver and will have a hard time rolling it back. By doing what they are doing now they can see how it works, collect feedback from customers and their operations folks, then announce it if they think they can reasonably deliver.

Under promise, over deliver.

+1

My thoughts exactly

iAMreallyBORED Jul 3, 2013 2:19 am

Received mine today. It looks good on my rollaboard. Thanks, United! My MM nominee also received hers.

Chevelter Jul 3, 2013 7:49 am

Tried out the yellow handle wrap for the first time this morning. My gate checked bag was the FIRST one delivered!

EsquireFlyer Jul 3, 2013 9:56 am

If the program survives beyond this year (rather than being cancelled as a change you will like), my guess is that next year the wrapper will be blue, followed by a year of white, rotating through the CO colors, starting with yellow/gold.

RobOnLI Jul 3, 2013 10:14 am

In SEA. Still no mail from UA. No UAX flights coming up soon though.

-RM

JM Jul 3, 2013 10:24 am

No joy in Austin, Texas, so far. I have multiple CRJ 200 and 700 trips coming up this month and next.

EsquireFlyer Jul 3, 2013 12:32 pm

"My yellow-wrappered suitcase was among the last to be delivered by the bag handlers. How much compensation am I entitled to?" ;)

wizzy Jul 3, 2013 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by DaviddesJ (Post 21021900)
The real question is, if you have the UA wrap on your handle, will DL offload your bag first or last?

Good question, haven't flown UA since January, am approaching 75 segments YTD on Delta, many on RJ's.

rriopel432 Jul 3, 2013 1:27 pm

I have lime green handle covers on my black suitcases to make them easier to find. I'll just have to get some yellow ones instead;)

ssnh Jul 3, 2013 1:28 pm

1k in nh - received today

blueman2 Jul 3, 2013 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 21031227)
Got mine today. It does grip pretty well. Can't wait to try it. My last flight back into Newark, my bag was the very last one.

LOL! I just looked at your picture and realized my bag is EXACTLY the same. Same GS tag, same yellow handle, same Travelpro. SO much for being unique.

bayousooner Jul 3, 2013 2:10 pm

If I hadn't noticed this post I would have thrown it away, I thought it was a marketing gimmick...

RockinRon Jul 3, 2013 2:17 pm

Mine arrived today and will get use next week. We'll see how well ir works in ORD. ;)