Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Wallet Card

how do you add your MP card to your Apple wallet?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
how do you add your MP card to your Apple wallet?
From the app ->Top right circle ("My profile) -> click your MIleageplus Card Icon ("Mileageplus card)" -> At the bottom click "Add to Apple Wallet"
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by BThumme
From the app ->Top right circle ("My profile) -> click your MIleageplus Card Icon ("Mileageplus card)" -> At the bottom click "Add to Apple Wallet"

thanks very much, I had to delete my old card before the “add” box appeared.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jimdarcy

thanks very much, I had to delete my old card before the “add” box appeared.
Same here and the same thing as last year where my card/pass was showing as expired and I had to delete and re-add. One would think that the card should auto update or update when you tap to show the reverse side and swipe down the way United's boarding passes do
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Digital 1K card. 2019

Hello. How may I be able to visualize renewed 1K digital card on new app? Seems to have disappeared.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Click on the face icon in the top right. You can then see a card icon, if you select that you can download it to Apple wallet or google wallet (not sure on the last one)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Click on the face icon in the top right. You can then see a card icon, if you select that you can download it to Apple wallet or google wallet (not sure on the last one)
Thank you
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by dmurphynj

Old look
I must be old, but I actually prefer the older look to the United app. Put it back to the way it was 8 years ago and I’ll be perfectly happy.
I find it hilarious that 5+ years ago, the upgrade lists on UA were as long (44) as they are today! Some things never change
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
You're able to give feedback on the app through the app. I just used that to suggest they (1) make the front of the card full sized again and return the ability to add it to Apple Wallet and this time make it clearly show Star Alliance Gold status, which it didn't before.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I noted above that the My Trips reservation list returns to the top when you back out of a reservation, rather than to the position in the list of that reservation. However, I have now noticed that the reservation list in the Flights tab of the Mileage Plus Summary section of the app behaves properly, returning you back to the place in the list you were at when you back out of a reservation. I have submitted a bug report on this using the Provide Feedback link at the bottom of the home page of the app.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:03 pm

After reviewing the digital card I added to Passbook on my iPhone I realized there was no expiry date listed! Does that mean I get UA Gold for life?

-James
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j2simpso
After reviewing the digital card I added to Passbook on my iPhone I realized there was no expiry date listed! Does that mean I get UA Gold for life?

-James
I imagine it means you Apple Wallet-ed your digital card in the interim period UA were updating expiry dates and in so doing caused expiry dates to disappear briefly (for about 24hr). Does your UA app card currently show no expiry?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso
On the Andriod version the date and member account are on the back.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
On the Andriod version the date and member account are on the back.
Also in os x app. However, the date was missing (in both) for several hours while updating ca. 1-Feb.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Clicking on my MP-card on the app, it enlarges, but only shows the backside of the card ........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.