Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat Elite

Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently?
When I sign in, my upcoming flights, recent searches, home airports, etc. are all blank. I then refresh the "wallet" and within a few minutes my upcoming flights will show up (the other items do not come back).
The next day, the app has logged me out and the cycle repeats

Is this happening to anyone else? Been going on for 1-2 weeks now and It's infuriating! iPhone 8 with iOS 12 Beta 4
SkiPremier likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by m0nk3y
Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently? ...Is this happening to anyone else? Been going on for 1-2 weeks now and It's infuriating! iPhone 8 with iOS 12 Beta 4
Yes, same behavior. iPhone X with iOS12 Beta 5 (Public not developer)
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Yes, same behavior. iPhone X with iOS12 Beta 5 (Public not developer)
Damn, as I submitted that comment, I clicked the "update" button for iOS12 Public Beta 5 in hopes that would solve the issue. Apparently it won't...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No issues for me.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
No issues for me.
What OS are you running?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IOS 11.4.1
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by m0nk3y
Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently?
It’s a bug on iOS12. I have two phones, running 11 and 12 and this only occurs on my iOS12 device.

(not saying this in a snarky tone) you are running a beta, it’s expected that there are bugs, in fact there are many disclaimers as you install. You shouldn’t let this one ‘infuriate’ you.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by laxmillenial

It’s a bug on iOS12. I have two phones, running 11 and 12 and this only occurs on my iOS12 device.

(not saying this in a snarky tone) you are running a beta, it’s expected that there are bugs, in fact there are many disclaimers as you install. You shouldn’t let this one ‘infuriate’ you.
Fair enough and I figured as much given the experiences of the last couple posters. Still though, how dare Apple release a beta version of iOS that partially angers one of their millions of apps...
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:49 pm

New United app update today and so far on iOS beta I haven’t had to log back in. Might be fixed.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

And the developers should ALSO be running the iOS 12 beta. That's how the development process is supposed to work.

And for the record I'm NOT running the beta and am having the same problem.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:35 pm

New United app update today and so far on iOS beta I haven’t had to log back in. Might be fixed.
It isn't fixed for me. Just checked and I'm logged off again D: Is it fixed for you?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:05 pm

It isn't fixed for me. Just checked and I'm logged off again D: Is it fixed for you?
All day yesterday I stayed logged in. Today it is back to not being logged in.
Kannai likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:08 pm

All day yesterday I stayed logged in. Today it is back to not being logged in.
Thanks for the update. I'll send in an updated report. I experienced the same although I didn't check at 12AM. I'll check more hourly to see if I can figure out when it 'logs' out (aka if at 12AM at some time zone or at 24 hours since logging in).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:49 am

Thanks for the update. I'll send in an updated report. I experienced the same although I didn't check at 12AM. I'll check more hourly to see if I can figure out when it 'logs' out (aka if at 12AM at some time zone or at 24 hours since logging in).
Flights saved in "flight status" are also all missing in addition to all the reservations.
And more annoying is that TouchID doesn't work anymore. It asks if you want to use it, but never remembers you've said "yes".
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:50 am

No. New version (2.1.57) didn't fix the problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.