Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: UA GS
I can report that at least for me, following the tip posted in another thread that deleting and reinstalling the app has fixed the logout issue on iOS 12.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Try deleting the app and reinstalling. Seems to have positive effect for me on iOS 12.
this seems to be working for now. Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chukiechz

this seems to be working for now. Thanks!
never mind. Logged back out again after I checked in earlier. This is on an iPhone X. My work issued iPhone 8 stays logged in. Maybe it’s a Face ID thing.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Chukiechz

i would always remain logged in until I updated to ios12. Now I’m logged out consistently
Ditto
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig

After limited testing, this seems to have worked for me. I removed it from the device and then redownloaded from the cloud. Maybe UA should just force an update.
After working for a couple days I had a misfire today.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Constantly having to log into app

recently I have to log into the UA over and over again. Might be since Inupgraded to IOS12 but could also be longer.

Does any anybody else have that issue and found a way to be sticky? I used to not have to do that and couldn’t find a setting for staying logged on...

thanks

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 25, 2018 at 2:27 am Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
This is happening almost daily... iOS 12, iPhone XS Max. This was also happening on my previous iPhone on iOS 12 before I upgraded the phone. I have delayed and reinstalled. I still have to login repeatedly.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:29 am

I had the same issue, post IOS 12 update. Deleted and re-installed the app, but continued to have the issue. Deleted/re-installed the app again, and this time left the "50,000 bonus miles" and "Mile Play" offers open on the home screen. So far, so good. It makes no sense for the placement of the offers to have an impact, so I'll chalk that up to coincidence, but I'll put up with whatever on the home screen to not keep having to log in and to stop losing my favorite airports in flight status.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Try deleting the app and reinstalling. Seems to have positive effect for me on iOS 12.
Tried this. Didn't work for me (iPhone 8, iOS12).

Note, you lose your favorite airports etc as well, so it's something cookie-related (at a guess).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Originally Posted by seanp7
Tried this. Didn't work for me (iPhone 8, iOS12).

Note, you lose your favorite airports etc as well, so it's something cookie-related (at a guess).
Reinstall worked for me a couple of days ago (so far, fingers crossed). iPhone 6s, iOS 12.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I’m having the same problems with iPad and iPhone app. I have to relog in all the time. I noticed in th security settings that you can change how long you have to put in password in max time is 60 mins
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:48 pm

Even after re-install this STILL keeps happening.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by LordHamster

Even after re-install this STILL keeps happening.
Yup. Did the same thing yesterday and still getting this, What to do?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Yup. Did the same thing yesterday and still getting this, What to do?
#PaperBP_FTW ?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey | UA Plat | UA 2M Miler | Marriott Plat | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
This is getting a bit ridiculous. I take anywhere from 4 to 5 UA flights a week and utilize this app every day, even when not traveling. Since I've upgraded to iOS12, I've had to re-login multiple times per day into the app. I think I may have logged into the app at least 20-30 times so far since I began experiencing this issue. I tried deleting and reinstalling multiple times, which helped briefly but didn't stick.

What is the best way to notify the development team about this issue and ascertain if they are actually doing something to fix it?

I've notified 1kvoice already and they haven't responded and acknowledged this an issue.

Last edited by moneesh; Sep 28, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.