Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am now getting annoyed also - I upgraded to IOS12 the day before a big trip. It worked fine the whole trip. Now, it is forgetting me, forgetting my destinations and forgetting the saved future booking trips. How can they have not fixed this yet. What is the cause? Is it Apple or United?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the other thread: UA Tech - Why Am I an Unpaid Beta-Tester?

Strange this has not been fixed yet. Not only it forgets you, it forgets the cities you have saved, the future booking searches you have done. Not good.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:55 pm

I have been encountering this same issue consistently for the past month too. Reinstalling didn’t eliminate the program. The United app keeps forgetting my login as well as all details such as saved cities, etc. I’d appreciate any insights or fixes.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The strange thing is the problem is intermittent. As I mentioned, I traveled overseas the day after my IOS 12 upgrade and did not have this problem the entire trip over. Then this started happening. Yet, it did not happen overnight last night. I thought maybe killing the application would cause the problem. Tried that (but did not wait) and did not see the problem.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I have this problem too... I saved the password on the phone though, so it is just an extra click and login. The annoying part tho is that it deletes the preferred cities for flight searches. That's probably only ever stored locally
jimdarcy likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:05 am

I'm having this problem as well on an Xs with iOS12. I used the App feedback screen to report this bug and suggest everyone else experiencing this do the same!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
It's also quite possible the bug is Apple's issue, not United's. The (non-travel related) app my team wrote is broken on iOS12 now. Worked great in betas but Apple broke something in the full release of the code. Apple has admitted it's their bug and are working on fixing it. That means 12.0.1 will likely have the fix.

If United is in the same boat they are either scrambling to find a work-around or they're just waiting for 12.0.1 so they don't have to waste so many hours trying to code a change that will be fixed by Apple soon.

Just a guess. I don't know if this is truly an Apple bug causing United's issues but it's highly possible.

-RM
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It's also quite possible the bug is Apple's issue, not United's. The (non-travel related) app my team wrote is broken on iOS12 now. Worked great in betas but Apple broke something in the full release of the code. Apple has admitted it's their bug and are working on fixing it. That means 12.0.1 will likely have the fix.

If United is in the same boat they are either scrambling to find a work-around or they're just waiting for 12.0.1 so they don't have to waste so many hours trying to code a change that will be fixed by Apple soon.

Just a guess. I don't know if this is truly an Apple bug causing United's issues but it's highly possible.

-RM
I actually thought the same thing after Facebook / Instagram logged out yesterday, but that was a separate issue. I can't say any other iOS12 apps of mine are misbehaving; it just seems to be United. YMMV.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Seems to be an app/iOS12 compatibility issue, I have an iPhone8 with iOS 11 and the app is working fine. On the X with iOS12, my experience is the same as yours, it logs me out, when I go to log in, it asks for credentials every time and prompts me for if I want to use faceId to log in.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Just chiming in to say same problem here, iPhone X iOS 12. Noticed an additional problem myself - reservations that were made through FareLock will not stick on the reservations screen. I have to re add them by confirmation number every time I get logged out, even though they’re now “normal” reservations. Reservations purchased without FareLock show up on each re-login.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I thought I’d fixed it by redownloading the App, but now it’s back worse than before. Every time. Need to log in from step one. UA, make this top priority, please.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 29, 2018 at 9:58 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
New recent first for me this morning. I didn’t have to log in. Long may that continue.
Kannai likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
I don't think it's an iOS 12 issue had this with iOS 11 already...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Cool

Originally Posted by Tadefender
I’m having the same problems with iPad and iPhone app. I have to relog in all the time. I noticed in th security settings that you can change how long you have to put in password in max time is 60 mins
That resets as well, it will default back to 15 min
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:48 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by 1984SW
I updated to iOS 12 a couple days ago and can use the UA app without needing to log in each time. As soon as I press the UA app icon on the main screen, up pops the app with my info.
A week later, and I still have not experienced being signed out. I use an elderly iPhoneSE, so maybe it's somehow just on newer hardware?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.