Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
iOS 12.1 beta 2 solved the lost reservations issue, but the logout issue remains.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:25 pm

I am getting logged out too. Other apps I use are experiencing very similar behavior, so I suspect an Apple bug may be in play here.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:22 pm
Formerly UA Beta Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Programs: United MileagePlus
Hey everyone,

This issue has been addressed in the latest version of the United app (2.1.61), now available for download in the App Store. Appreciate you all reporting the issue and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

UA Digital Insider
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:24 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by UA Digital Insider
Hey everyone,

This issue has been addressed in the latest version of the United app (2.1.61), now available for download in the App Store. Appreciate you all reporting the issue and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

UA Digital Insider
Thank you!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: United
I joined just to reply to this thread - 1K/Million here. Just wrote in a second time (first got a form letter back). Half the time adding to apple wallet fails, so the only option is paper passes - hey, party like it's 1999 (without the comfortable roomy seats of course).

Absolutely unacceptable that this has been going on for two weeks without any update or response. None of the workarounds seem to work, and since the logout appears to be random, it's infuriating.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Still can't change my seats on Air Wisconsin flights. I get "Advance seat assignments are not available through United for this flight." Works fine on desktop.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by mountainmillion
I joined just to reply to this thread - 1K/Million here. Just wrote in a second time (first got a form letter back). Half the time adding to apple wallet fails, so the only option is paper passes - hey, party like it's 1999 (without the comfortable roomy seats of course).

Absolutely unacceptable that this has been going on for two weeks without any update or response. None of the workarounds seem to work, and since the logout appears to be random, it's infuriating.
If the BP won't show up in Apple Wallet then why don't you just load up the app and click on the "Boarding Passes" tab and scan your BP from there? It's the same thing as the Apple Wallet, except you can't swipe to it from the lock screen obviously.

And many on this board prefer paper boarding passes so they can claim mileage should UA MP fail to credit. I'm not one of them but there are quite a few on FT alone.

-RM
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Hey everyone,

UA Digital Insider
downloaded the update this afternoon. Just got the same login runaround. Thanks for trying but the fix didn’t take.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Hey everyone,

UA Digital Insider
thanks. I just downloaded the newest release. The current one wouldn’t stay logged in more than 12 hours, I’ll report back tomorrow. Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange, I checked the App Store and did not see an update for the UA App. I did try the steps outlined up-thread: delete app, restart phone and re-install. I will report back to see if that did anything....
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:30 pm

I just updated and now all my reservations are gone.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I just updated and now all my reservations are gone.
I travelled today but did not see an update. At one point, after signing back on, all my reservation was gone but then it came back after a minute or two.

Last edited by username; Oct 4, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by username
I travelled today but did not see an update. At one point, after signing back on, all my reservation was gone but then it came back after a minute or two.
Thanks. To update, go to the app store and search for United Airlines, you should have an update button.

I resolved my issue of no reservations bu deleting and re installing the app. So far overnight, i’m still logged in. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig

downloaded the update this afternoon. Just got the same login runaround. Thanks for trying but the fix didn’t take.
It held overnight and I can see my reservations. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
Strange, I checked the App Store and did not see an update for the UA App. I did try the steps outlined up-thread: delete app, restart phone and re-install. I will report back to see if that did anything....
Looks like my problem is fixed also. However, whether by the new version of the app I ended up re-installing or the actual delete/shutdown/re-install cycle someone suggested is inconclusive because of the timing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.