Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, another strange thing happened to me. All the cities I have for the built-in Weather App disappeared from all my Apple devices, whether upgraded or not. So, you wonder if some of this might be caused by something on the Apple side....
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:08 pm

So annoyed at united
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
UA's app is hardly the only one doing this. In fact, Tinder is currently still beta testing fixes to daily logouts for their app too.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by kyanar
UA's app is hardly the only one doing this. In fact, Tinder is currently still beta testing fixes to daily logouts for their app too.
I stand corrected. That is one app I don't have, as my wife wouldn't approve.
Dublin_rfk, kyanar and mrt88 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:38 am

How do I encounter this logout issue? I've been using iOS 12 for a while (basically, since it was released in non-beta form), and the UA app keeps me logged in.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
How do I encounter this logout issue? I've been using iOS 12 for a while (basically, since it was released in non-beta form), and the UA app keeps me logged in.
Be careful what you wish for
drewguy likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Shhh, if you tell United they will “fix” your problem.

This bug is definitely annoying. AA and DL apps do not do this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by 1984SW
A week later, and I still have not experienced being signed out. I use an elderly iPhoneSE, so maybe it's somehow just on newer hardware?
NOpe. SE here and having this problem as well.

The logout issue encounters you. Basically when you open the app it asks you to log in. It then asks whether to enroll in touch ID. It then forgets both your login and your touch ID the next time you open the app, and you start again.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 3, 2018 at 9:38 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Gold
I may have found a fix. I have been dealing with the logout issue since upgrading. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling, which would help, but the issue kept coming back after some time. Yesterday morning, I deleted the app, rebooted my phone, and then reinstalled the app. I'm now over 24 hours without being prompted for login. Will need more time to determine if this is a permanent fix, but wanted to share in case this helps others.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I noticed I can no longer change seat selections on Air Wisconsin segments. No problems on desktop. Also, on a an upcoming Transstate flight number shows as AX(####) on seat selection, I don't recall ever seeing that.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
I’m now also having the issue where it won’t accept my MP# for my return segment ... so it puts me in a lower boarding group and won’t let me SDC without the $75 fee. On the website it works fine, but the only way to get it resolved was to check in on the desktop site, enter the number, then go back to the app and see the boarding pass.

Wow, they broke a lot on this release!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
Well, another strange thing happened to me. All the cities I have for the built-in Weather App disappeared from all my Apple devices, whether upgraded or not. So, you wonder if some of this might be caused by something on the Apple side....
The other problem is the UA App also now forgets the Flight Status I have done.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by drewguy
NOpe. SE here and having this problem as well.
Oddly enough, today I opened app and was still logged in. Only thing I did was change the logout setting from 15 to 60 minutes. Touch ID worked as well.

Oh, one other thing, which possibly caused the problem. I had a bunch of cruft passwords stored - as well as my old MP #. I deleted those, although retained the ones for family members. Not sure if that helped something, though would seem odd if it did.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by drewguy
Oddly enough, today I opened app and was still logged in. Only thing I did was change the logout setting from 15 to 60 minutes. Touch ID worked as well.

Oh, one other thing, which possibly caused the problem. I had a bunch of cruft passwords stored - as well as my old MP #. I deleted those, although retained the ones for family members. Not sure if that helped something, though would seem odd if it did.
I had to look up how to check your saved passwords:

ON IOS12

Settings>Passwords & Accounts>Website & App Passwords (it used to be under Safari)

I had about 8 UA options, several of which I could just delete, cleaning up the option list.

Tangentially, I've had a hailstorm of App updates since IOS12 - this is not uncommon with a software update - but so far no love from UA.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by username
The other problem is the UA App also now forgets the Flight Status I have done.
For me it looks like it forgot the status but I still get the alerts that I previously setup . Strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.