FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1933026-iphone-ios-12-ua-app-issue-will-not-stay-logged.html)

m0nk3y Aug 8, 2018 11:32 am

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently?
When I sign in, my upcoming flights, recent searches, home airports, etc. are all blank. I then refresh the "wallet" and within a few minutes my upcoming flights will show up (the other items do not come back).
The next day, the app has logged me out and the cycle repeats

Is this happening to anyone else? Been going on for 1-2 weeks now and It's infuriating! iPhone 8 with iOS 12 Beta 4

SFO 1K Aug 8, 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by m0nk3y (Post 30061508)
Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently? ...Is this happening to anyone else? Been going on for 1-2 weeks now and It's infuriating! iPhone 8 with iOS 12 Beta 4

Yes, same behavior. iPhone X with iOS12 Beta 5 (Public not developer)

m0nk3y Aug 8, 2018 11:37 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K (Post 30061523)
Yes, same behavior. iPhone X with iOS12 Beta 5 (Public not developer)

Damn, as I submitted that comment, I clicked the "update" button for iOS12 Public Beta 5 in hopes that would solve the issue. Apparently it won't...

TomMM Aug 8, 2018 12:11 pm

No issues for me.

SFO 1K Aug 8, 2018 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 30061628)
No issues for me.

What OS are you running?

TomMM Aug 8, 2018 1:35 pm

IOS 11.4.1

laxmillenial Aug 8, 2018 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by m0nk3y (Post 30061508)
Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently?

It’s a bug on iOS12. I have two phones, running 11 and 12 and this only occurs on my iOS12 device.

(not saying this in a snarky tone) you are running a beta, it’s expected that there are bugs, in fact there are many disclaimers as you install. You shouldn’t let this one ‘infuriate’ you.

m0nk3y Aug 8, 2018 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by laxmillenial (Post 30062201)

It’s a bug on iOS12. I have two phones, running 11 and 12 and this only occurs on my iOS12 device.

(not saying this in a snarky tone) you are running a beta, it’s expected that there are bugs, in fact there are many disclaimers as you install. You shouldn’t let this one ‘infuriate’ you.

Fair enough and I figured as much given the experiences of the last couple posters. Still though, how dare Apple release a beta version of iOS that partially angers one of their millions of apps...

SFO 1K Aug 11, 2018 2:49 pm

New United app update today and so far on iOS beta I haven’t had to log back in. Might be fixed.

jimmc66 Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by laxmillenial (Post 30062201)

And the developers should ALSO be running the iOS 12 beta. That's how the development process is supposed to work.

And for the record I'm NOT running the beta and am having the same problem.

laxmillenial Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K (Post 30072281)
New United app update today and so far on iOS beta I haven’t had to log back in. Might be fixed.

It isn't fixed for me. Just checked and I'm logged off again D: Is it fixed for you?

SFO 1K Aug 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by laxmillenial (Post 30075171)
It isn't fixed for me. Just checked and I'm logged off again D: Is it fixed for you?

All day yesterday I stayed logged in. Today it is back to not being logged in.

laxmillenial Aug 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K (Post 30075252)

All day yesterday I stayed logged in. Today it is back to not being logged in.

Thanks for the update. I'll send in an updated report. I experienced the same although I didn't check at 12AM. I'll check more hourly to see if I can figure out when it 'logs' out (aka if at 12AM at some time zone or at 24 hours since logging in).

jimmc66 Aug 13, 2018 9:49 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial (Post 30075266)
Thanks for the update. I'll send in an updated report. I experienced the same although I didn't check at 12AM. I'll check more hourly to see if I can figure out when it 'logs' out (aka if at 12AM at some time zone or at 24 hours since logging in).

Flights saved in "flight status" are also all missing in addition to all the reservations.
And more annoying is that TouchID doesn't work anymore. It asks if you want to use it, but never remembers you've said "yes".

jimmc66 Aug 13, 2018 9:50 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial (Post 30075171)

No. New version (2.1.57) didn't fix the problems.