Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Drink changes, No tomato juice&SpriteZero-social media pressure restores tomato juice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drink changes, No tomato juice&SpriteZero-social media pressure restores tomato juice

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by villox
As a fan of Stella, this is actually a change I'll like!

(I can't believe I just typed that and actually meant it)
Old May 10, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wish people would be more vocal about the insane meal cuts than tomato juice
Old May 10, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Is anyone keeping count of how many boneheaded UAL decisions have to be walked back after a public outcry?
Silver Fox and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Good. Still fire Scott Kirby though.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
the fine print says Sprite Zero still offered on longer flights. If so, thank goodness. I am apparently the only one guzzling them on transpacs.
cawhite and UAinAUS like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

the fine print says Sprite Zero still offered on longer flights. If so, thank goodness. I am apparently the only one guzzling them on transpacs.
Where do you see that? It wasn’t avail on NRT-EWR on Sunday. Did they add it back?
Old May 10, 2018, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Halo117
What a joke. Was on UA 1981...no nuts...lunch flight...only cheese platter ot pasta salad offered...several folks ordered from economy bistro....food in Y is now better
Keep doing that - direct way to send a message.
EWR764 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Where do you see that? It wasn’t avail on NRT-EWR on Sunday. Did they add it back?
I took this to mean it stays on longer than 4 hour flights.

“The other changes to in-flight service on domestic flights of less than four hours (basically everything but transcon routes) includes the elimination of Sprite Zero from the beverage cart,”
Old May 10, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I took this to mean it stays on longer than 4 hour flights.

“The other changes to in-flight service on domestic flights of less than four hours (basically everything but transcon routes) includes the elimination of Sprite Zero from the beverage cart,”
I saw that but suspected it was just sloppy writing while introducing the other 'streamlines' of reduced alcohol and F service. I doubt they're catering Sprite Zero just on long flights.

Happy to be proven wrong (even though I don't drink Sprite Zero)!
Old May 10, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by EWR764

Is anyone keeping count of how many boneheaded UAL decisions have to be walked back after a public outcry?
For a while UA was comical, then it become sad. One mindless decision after another: From the UA perspective, perhaps the shameless Denver catering fiasco skated by for six months without too much damage. Packaged food in business didn't seem to bother them too much. And how could we forget the Polaris intro and all its promise(s)? Store your pet in the overhead bin? Etc., etc. So it probably seemed natural to someone in Chicago that--perhaps emboldened by the apparent minimal collateral damage from cuts, cuts, cuts so far--that cutting a popular--and free-- beverage, for no apparent reason, would be a storm that they could ride out. Once again, a foolish decision generates the wrong kind of attention, so the results speak for themselves.
Is this the last lesson UA learns the hard way?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Now, this has gotten serious. Just boarded UA21 and PDB is limited to OJ, water and “champagne”

pursor said its a new change.

I know this happens randomly but surely they havent removed the liquor options as PDB on international flights?!?!?!
You should still be able to request it.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by artvandalay
For a while UA was comical, then it become sad. One mindless decision after another: From the UA perspective, perhaps the shameless Denver catering fiasco skated by for six months without too much damage. Packaged food in business didn't seem to bother them too much. And how could we forget the Polaris intro and all its promise(s)? Store your pet in the overhead bin? Etc., etc. So it probably seemed natural to someone in Chicago that--perhaps emboldened by the apparent minimal collateral damage from cuts, cuts, cuts so far--that cutting a popular--and free-- beverage, for no apparent reason, would be a storm that they could ride out. Once again, a foolish decision generates the wrong kind of attention, so the results speak for themselves.
Is this the last lesson UA learns the hard way?
But at least your single machine wrapped Ghirardelli chocolate square is served on its own plate still on your 4 hour first class lunch flight from Chicago to San Diego ....
Old May 11, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Hopefully the Stella will make its way to TATL flights too.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

I don't think that is the case, though I really wish it was....

Most of my TPACs, they run out of Sprite Zero by the pre-arrival service. Someone is drinking them.
Me thinks this is a brilliant idea by someone that heard something once about streamlining supply chain. Idiot.
wrp96 and UAinAUS like this.

Last edited by goodeats21; May 11, 2018 at 3:39 am
Old May 11, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Every time I read something like this, it just reminds me of and reinforces why I left UA after 34 years as a top elite....AA far from perfect but not doing skin flintish things like this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.