Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by milepig
OMG, they've destroyed the MP activity page. It was so nice and concise with a great little chart. Now it's all single lines in HUGE type and you'd need to scroll endlessly. Awful. How do we collective protest this madness!
Try the 'Feedback' button n the right hand side of the screen... It really is disgraceful how they've mucked it up.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I had a schedule change on one of my reservations and it won't let me accept the changes. Keeps bringing me back to the same screen to accept the changes, after I've already hit that button.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:42 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
The mobile site on my phone has expert mode enabled. Beats loading the full site.

The holy grail would be if the app had that as well, plus the ability to apply upgrades...
I had to choose to show the desktop version on my phone and got a display similar to that above; the "native" mobile version didn't show the available buckets when I tried. I also couldn't do a search for GPU-able flights on the "native" mobile site (nor the app). Perhaps the option was buried somewhere?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by VWang1111
I can't seem to figure out how to add email and request receipt on the new website. Can't get the show receipt to sync up with the reservation after a fare class change/upgrade clearing.
I can't figure it out either. I just called the 1K desk and asked them to email it to me. That worked, but of course I'd prefer it if they fixed the website.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by VWang1111
I can't seem to figure out how to add email and request receipt on the new website. Can't get the show receipt to sync up with the reservation after a fare class change/upgrade clearing.
Tried the same thing today and I also can't find it.

Note that online receipts will almost never match a changed itinerary. This has been the case for years on United.com and is not a result of the new website. The new website is simply lipstick on an even uglier pig now. Even if you're lucky enough to get the old website to come up you will see the "old" receipt. Most rebookings on United simply require a ticket re-validation which won't change the receipt. Only if the ticket is reissued will you see a new receipt (and even then it almost never changed for me -- but United was good at emailing it when I made a change).

-RM
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Ugh. They just rolled this out on me as I was booking an award trip. Got 3/4 of the way through - I think - then the browser page suddenly refreshed, looked completely different, and now it crashes every time I try and retrieve my confirmation number - it goes into an endless loop. My god, what a clusterf*ck!

I tried looking for the cookie references in the wiki to delete it, am not finding it. Sheeeeeeyit...
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Good lord, could this get any worse?

Go to site - lament I can't figure out how to get the old site back - try a booking anyway

Login and enter stuff for award booking, press search

Get popup saying i have to login again, before search even completes (roughly 1 min after logging in before)

Finally get somewhere, try to check my mileage plus balance - open new browser tab - have to login AGAIN to united.com Then to see your balances the rest of the screen goes white and you can't interact with anything

Uggghhh, where do they get these people designing this stuff

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 7, 2018 at 9:27 am Reason: Vuglar comment removed
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:53 am

itinerary cannot be retrieved, since it does not contain any active flight segments.

Your itinerary cannot be retrieved, since it does not contain any active flight segments. If you require assistance, please contact United Reservations

View | View/Change Seats | View Receipt | Add E-mail Address and Request Receipt | Reserve a Hotel | More

I had our travel desk make changes to the reservation and now I get this. All the other links except View (and More) work ... I need View to work to apply for an upgrade! Called UA, they say this is an ongoing problem with the new redesign and it will take 3 days (!!!) to fix. Surely, I can't be the first person to report this

​​​​​​
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:30 am

Seat selector not working for 763

I'm not sure if this belongs here. Has anyone noticed that the seat selector for the 767-300 is not working properly? It won't show the very front or very back of the plane. (bathrooms, etc). Every other selector / plane in my intinerary works just fine. I can scroll back and forth. This is not a browser issue. I have tried with Chrome and Internet Explorer.

I don't know if this started with the beta because it's been a few weeks since I looked at the itinerary. I just log in every month or so to check for equipment changes, seat changes, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:35 am

@zitsky Works for me. Just tried it on Chrome
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: UA MM
Whoever is leading this website migration project needs to be ashamed of themselves. This new website is a total disgrace. The look and feel - the font sizes (are we in preschool?), the layout, huge blocks replace neat, flat tiles, everything, everything about this new look is unacceptable.

Can you say I am upset?
RNE likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Annoyingly, the My Trips tab no longer shows My Trips, there still is a red 4 representing my upcoming trips, however upon clicking the tab, I now get request for confirmation number and last name to fill in, instead of my list of upcoming trips.

Multi-clicks later on can land on the old Manage Reservations page, but that's kind of not the point of building a better newer website....
ajGoes likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I hate the cookies issue with Chrome. Why can't United to a better job of QA before releasing stuff? And the error message is totally incorrect ("Contact the Mileage Plus Service Center regarding this account") and makes you think your account was hacked, or flagged for some reason, when in fact it's just the stupid website cookies getting hosed and not allowing you to log in. Sure, I can clear cookies... but sheesh, I hate having to re-answer the anti-hacking questions every single time I log in, too.

I was chatting with a guy yesterday who works on American's website team... I won't say I like their site better than .bomb, but at least the way he described their development and release processes sounded a heck of a lot better than United's.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:46 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by exerda
I hate the cookies issue with Chrome.
For those with cookie issues in Chrome, try going to this address... https://www.united.com/en/us Does that get you around the problem? It does for me. Every time. If it does for you, then you're welcome. If not, then never mind.
exerda likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pindi
Whoever is leading this website migration project needs to be ashamed of themselves. This new website is a total disgrace. The look and feel - the font sizes (are we in preschool?), the layout, huge blocks replace neat, flat tiles, everything, everything about this new look is unacceptable.

Can you say I am upset?
Hah. We’ve been saying this for ten years or more, and yet the madness goes on and on.
exerda and krazykanuck like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.