Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by topman
Does their IT now do QC on its products?
Nah. The latest IT cost saving fad is to have your customers/users do your testing for you. Call it beta testing. It's a companion to having your customers do your support for you. Call it a user forum.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by topman
Has anyone noticed that when booking tickets on UA.com it is not automatically saving their account. Seems to have started with the new website. Does their IT now do QC on its products?
Yes. Now you have to find your reservation by entering the confirmation number and last name then click "Save to my Trips" before the itinerary will show up on your account. Amazing that the new website can't do some simple things.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
Nah. The latest IT cost saving fad is to have your customers/users do your testing for you. Call it beta testing. It's a companion to having your customers do your support for you. Call it a user forum.
No, it's Alpha testing. Beta testing implies that it has been tested internally which doesn't seem to be the case.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Home page - UA 2.0
Reservation search page - UA 2.0
Manage Itinerary, click on one - UA 3.0 (new)
Within Itin, click on award accelerator - CO legacy

Messy but more oddities and mild annoyances on my end...have not seen things that break. Hope others have smooth sailing!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Was feeling blessed that my home PC was still working with the old UA.com, got home from a long trip and logged in, and while home page is old, the account activity is the new. I'm now beginning to see what everyone is upset about.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:00 pm

The new website sucks. The previous version had issues but was far better than this crap.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Ah, the lives we lead as alpha testers for United Airlines and its website - Awesome!

David
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well....Crap!

Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:18 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Messy but more oddities and mild annoyances on my end...have not seen things that break.
Oh, yeah? Have you seen the rename reservation function? That looks broken to me. Actually, it's missing, but still...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by wilp888
Yes. Now you have to find your reservation by entering the confirmation number and last name then click "Save to my Trips" before the itinerary will show up on your account. Amazing that the new website can't do some simple things.
If only ... I can't get "Save t my trips" to work.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Can I get United to give me a dollar for every time I have to clear my cookies in order to log in and view account information? Or maybe 10 PQD each time? I could make GS this year that way!
jsloan likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RNE
Oh, yeah? Have you seen the rename reservation function? That looks broken to me. Actually, it's missing, but still...
I didn’t get that far. Usually within a few clicks I am back on the original CO style website.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:04 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I didn’t get that far. Usually within a few clicks I am back on the original CO style website.
I realize that lacking the ability to rename a reservation is not a big reason for UA's IT programmers to put down there bags of Fritos and set their greasy fingers to work. Heck, most users won't miss it because they don't know it ever existed. Still, it's my pet peeve because I customize all my reservation names to cram in metadata that is useful to me at-a-glance. Now, not only can I not rename new reservations, I can't change existing ones either. There's one in particular. Sitting there. Egregiously outdated. Vexing me. To the. Point. Of. Insanity.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I can't seem to figure out how to add email and request receipt on the new website. Can't get the show receipt to sync up with the reservation after a fare class change/upgrade clearing.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:50 pm

can't login using chrome... but ie works...
ridiculous.. i was just in and purchased a ticket with chrome...

now it says check with milage plus to login...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.