Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well, the new display showed up again. I took a screenshot of a portion of the page and blacked out some data.
Blue bars are the United PNRs for the trip.

Now back to the old version, so this is pretty intermittent.

Old May 1, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I can not remember having an "inactive" PNR, what were the situations for those?

Could they now be in a different category? Do you have missing PNRs?
"inactive" PNRs could be any one of the following

1) Canceled and refunded
2) Canceled and remaining value could be used
3) Canceled and re-issued
4) Canceled, re-issued, flown

The new layout eliminates "inactive", and some of the PNRs above especially (2) could be missing.

These "inactive" PNRs may or may not show up in new layout of "canceled" category.

There is no other category.

This is bad.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by kb1992
"inactive" PNRs could be any one of the following

1) Canceled and refunded
2) Canceled and remaining value could be used
3) Canceled and re-issued
4) Canceled, re-issued, flown

The new layout eliminates "inactive", and some of the PNRs above especially (2) could be missing.

These "inactive" PNRs may or may not show up in new layout of "canceled" category.

This is bad.
I don't recall seeing the "Inactive" tab ever. Is it possible the tab only appears when there is actually an inactive reservation to show?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I don't recall seeing the "Inactive" tab ever. Is it possible the tab only appears when there is actually an inactive reservation to show?
Correct. Sort of.

If the system considers some PNRs are "inactive", then your "inactive" tab appears.

It's never a clear definition what the system means "inactive". Could be any one of 4 cases in my previous post. Then again, some of them may simply show up in "Canceled" tab.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

This is bad.
How can we say this is bad if we have no example of an actually missing PNR? Seems premature -- Yes possible issue but premature to state that is a problem.

Of the four "potential cases", only #2 matters and it could easily just be in the canceled case for the future.
Plus a partially used canceled PNR is converted into an ETC and has not really used.

I am very confused on what the issue is?
ajGoes likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How can we say this is bad if we have no example of an actually missing PNR? Seems premature -- Yes possible issue but premature to state that is a problem.

Of the four "potential cases", only #2 matters and it could easily just be in the canceled case for the future.
Plus a partially used canceled PNR is converted into an ETC and has not really used.

I am very confused on what the issue is?
I have multiple PNRs in #2 case, missing in new layout. Can't find them either in current or canceled tab.

They appear in old layout under "inactive" tab.

Is this good?
Old May 1, 2019, 4:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I have multiple PNRs in #2 case, missing in new layout. Can't find them either in current or canceled tab.

They appear in old layout under "inactive" tab. Is this good?
OK, I read the previous posts as not having any missing presently. Missing is not good.

Is " 2) Canceled and remaining value could be used " any different than a canceled and not yet rebooked? Any idea why these are different than what is normally in the "canceled" column?
Old May 1, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I read the previous posts as not having any missing. Missing is not good.Is " 2) Canceled and remaining value could be used " any different than a canceled and not yet rebooked?
The PNR mentioned was canceled but I can apply the value of the ticket to a new one after paying a change fee. If the new fare is lower, UA issues a ETC. If new fare is higher, UA charges fare difference.

Canceled ticket is either partially used, or wholly unused, and it's nonrefundable.

Since it's missing in the new layout, I have to search emails for original receipt, unless I remember the PNR and passenger name.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hokay, for those who are interested, here are paths to each of the pages either for "My Trips" (new) or "Manage Reservations" (old) (at least that I've found so far):

"El CO Classico": https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/reservation/default.aspx

"El Nuevo Mucho Espacio": https://www.united.com/en/us/manageres/mytrips

For El Classico, all of the links on the "Manage Reservations" are active and can be opened in other windows:

And, the data is presented in a clear, space efficient properly defined table format.

For El Space Waster, _NONE_ of the links are openable in a separate window - you have to go where the link takes you and, if that's not where you wanted to go, you end up wasting all kinds of time trying to get back:

And since, I've generated this screen clip, I'll also highlight some of the wasted space (and really poor text formatting) where no information about my trips is provided:

I didn't highlight the space consumed by the Traveler column because I know that many folks have long names. That being said, there's even more space there that's not being used effectively.

David
higher_flyer and Say Vandelay like this.

Last edited by DELee; May 7, 2019 at 4:41 pm Reason: corrected - all personal info removed
Old May 8, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone else getting this when trying to access parts of MileagePlus on United?

Old May 20, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
New "My Trips" Screen appearing randomly

Every so often (and for no apparent reason) I get this version of the "My trips" screen. it is much cleaner and better organized than the old version since it keeps reservations in date order even when combined and renamed . Anyone know how I can always get this new screen?

Thanks in advance.

Lurker

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 20, 2019 at 10:34 am Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old May 20, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been showing up intermittently for a couple weeks. Been discussed in the general Website thread....I like it, but others don't.
I haven't seen a pattern to when it shows up versus the old screen.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 20, 2019 at 10:35 am Reason: cleanup after merge; thanks for the link
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:11 am

Flight Status Page Updates

Looks like the search results are getting updated for the new site... functionality seems to be intact.

The new version went away, but I was able to still access the new search by going back to the history page. You can try accessing it yourself by going to https://www.united.com/en/us/flightstatus or a flight search result like https://www.united.com/en/us/flights...-18/HKG/SFO/UA, but YMMV.

The URLs are more logically structured than before and it looks like one should be able to make them on the fly to jump straight to the result. (You could with the old site but you could not do it by typing the URL directly into the browser)

Search Dialog

Search Results

Status Page Top

Airplane description

Seatmap

Amenities

Standby List

Upgrade List

Enroute flight search result

Enroute flight details

Upgrade list - two cabins (Polaris and PP)

Last edited by quantumslip; Jun 18, 2019 at 3:15 am Reason: added one missing screenshot
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Frustrations with United website

Some month ago I used United Miles to book one way tickets, SXM-PTY-my hometown on Copa Air for some months in the future. Just happened to check "My Trips" on the United website and I see the Copa flight for the departure date from SXM-PTY was cancelled. I don't recall getting any e-mail from United. Obviously, not United's fault that Copa cancelled a flight, but couldn't they have e-mailed me earlier as flights usually get more expensive the closer you get to the flight time? I made an alternative purchase with another airline and then tried to cancel the United reservation on their website as they encouraged me to do. With one click ordering at Amazon I thought I could just click a cancel and refund button. I couldn't figure out how to do it. So I called United reservations. By the time I got to talk to their robot, the robot wanted flight numbers but now my United website with this information had closed and expired. Fortunately I only had to wait a few minutes for a human--kudos to United for that. But if you are reading this, United, can't you make your website allow for a one click cancel and refund when you change the date of the flight???
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Even Amazon doesn't have one click cancelling, and those purchases are generally less important/expensive than airfare...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.