Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
1. Assessment of UA's new pages - especially the trip detail pages+:

Waste

of

Space.

2. Assessment of new "account activity" web page:

This is a very, very stupid and annoying and time consuming UI/UX element:

3. The old web pages are still there - example(s) are old MileagePlus statements - with new errors: I've never been to Seoul...

4. New UI/UX with same idiocy - I'm a UC member and you still offer me useless add-ons for "travelers like me"?:

And why would I buy _any_ UC pass bundle package anyway - most clubs won't let you in with a pass due to "overcrowding".

David

Last edited by DELee; Jul 28, 2018 at 12:40 am
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee

Waste

of

Space.

3. The old web pages are still there - example(s) are old MileagePlus statements - with new errors: I've never been to Seoul...

4. New UI/UX with same idiocy - I'm a UC member and you still offer me useless add-ons for "travelers like me"?:

And why would I buy _any_ UC pass bundle package anyway - most clubs won't let you in with a pass due to "overcrowding".

David
Agree on all counts.

Also when has Uncle Charlie's martini ever been served with three olives?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
So now when there's a schedule change and you try to look at the reservation it just .bombs out and comes up blank. You have to call to even find out what changed!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:15 am

Good lord, what's up with that crap layout. How can I see the entire reservation without having to scroll through 3 pages? Can't UA leave whatever is decent on their site the heck alone?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by DELee

Waste

of

Space.

David
I have a feeling targeted audience is occasional travelers, not experienced frequent travelers. So UA can up sell them for ancillary revenue.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why beta.uniteed.com look (and unfortunately feels) this way

So we something like this now on the Activity page:
and you gotta keep hitting the stuipid "View more activity" selection to see just a few more lines, etc.

Unfortunately, this is why the UA programmers have gone to megawhitespace and the keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. From my not-so-terribly-stupid-phone:
What I want to do is have the appropriate user interface for the appropriate device. What I don't need is stupidity in assuming that everyone is browsing your website from s not-so-stupid-phone with a touch screen and infinite patience and infinite bandwidth. Sheesh.

David

p.s. Oh, and for good measure, the lawyers are now here too:
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Ugh, hated the new layout when they were trialing it, and really hate it now that it's deployed and mandatory.

Was checking a res earlier and the "popular with travelers like you" section includes a $279 upgrade on a flight I don't expect to clear RPU. So I clicked the link... and it took me to the old reservation page, which of course given there's a RPU applied says nada about upgrading (hate how you have to call and get the RPU taken off to do a buy-up!). Why even show a link if it's not going to work?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:12 pm
RNE

How do I rename a reservation?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:04 am

Everyone that is not happy with this new layout should make sure to send website feedback (available from a link on the right of any UA page, if it works for you of course)

And btw - that animation when entering a reservation page looks like someone is shooting at the plane in one of those old Atari games. If that's what they intended, the little plane should at least try to dodge those laser blasts.
goodeats21, Kacee and porciuscato like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:35 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Nevef got the new version on the tablet ^

Back to old version on desktop (Linux / Firefox)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
Definitely a case of new not meaning improved!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
If everyone tweets their dissatisfaction to @UNITED, maybe they'll roll back this disaster.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I booked an award reservation for my wife with my miles today. The confirmation email was never sent to my email account (only the "processing" email was sent). Also, the reservation did not appear on "my trips" list automatically. I manually added it later after I called 1K line. However, the reservation did appear on App of my wife's account (not on my App, either).
The other complaint is that it took several minutes to open an existing reservation. This is true for both Firefox and Sefari.
Per my chat with a Web Support supe acoupke hours ago, UA is presently experiencing an IT issue preventing most e-ticket receipts from being sent via emsil or accessed online. No idea how long the situation will last, but im sure fixing it is a priority since UA is obligated to provide ticket receipts to passengers.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porciuscato
If everyone tweets their dissatisfaction to @UNITED, maybe they'll roll back this disaster.
Very, very, very unlikely.

They've highlighted the change all over their media websites including el hub: https://hub.united.com/2018-07-12-un...586121843.html

And they want media and everyone else to copy and post what they've done so you can get screenshots galore from their newsroom media library: https://hub.united.com/newsroom-medi...ary-united-com

They also telegraphed where they were going back in May with the "enhanced mobile experience" that eliminated mobile.united.com - make _everyone_ feel that their experience is only as good as being on a lame not-so-terribly-stupid-phone..

Good luck with complaining and tweeting.

David
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by br2k
And btw - that animation when entering a reservation page looks like someone is shooting at the plane in one of those old Atari games. If that's what they intended, the little plane should at least try to dodge those laser blasts.
Funny. I clicked on the manage my reservation and I saw that plane and my reservation did not open. I thought that maybe I should wait until that plane gets to the top of the page. It never did. My reservation did not open on the browser I was using.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.