Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by RNE
You're welcome.
Cleared all UA cookies, tried again. Your link directs to https://www.united.com/en/us/ which is the new and undesired web page.

@mr8's link directs to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/. Which is the old, more desired, web page

Last edited by 1KChinito; Aug 1, 2018 at 9:40 am Reason: Added more details
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I just spoke to MP as that is who I needed to call and they told me they are suffering a number of internet issues - so they are aware of the problems....as I said to the very nice 1K phone agent - IT is ensuring total job security for the phone agents.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:56 am
RNE

Has anyone had an itinerary change appear in the new layout? If so, how does it look?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by RNE
Has anyone had an itinerary change appear in the new layout? If so, how does it look?
Very confusing and horrible. I basically need to call every time these days for the schedule change as it is really difficult to accept it on-line and even if I do accept it and think it is all okay the next day it still shows the schedule change but not what the changes are. At which stage you cannot accept the schedule change as there is no change (as it was previously accepted) but still has the notice. Horrible system.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA MM
united.com down?

Am trying to buy tickets and it craps out after picking the first segment...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Seems to work for me

What browser / app are you using?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pindi
This was happening to me last night. Clearing my cookies fixed it.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It's having some issues for a few days now. Try another browser. That's what I did yesterday when it malfunctioned after I selected my first segment. It said that it was the wrong sequence. I was trying to use Chrome. It worked on Safari.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Seems to work for me

What browser / app are you using?
Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Lots of issues reported for use of Chrome in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...te-2018-a.html

Try clearly cookies, if that does not work switch browsers.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I just spoke to MP as that is who I needed to call and they told me they are suffering a number of internet issues - so they are aware of the problems....as I said to the very nice 1K phone agent - IT is ensuring total job security for the phone agents.

So true. I'd much rather switch airlines then switch away from Chrome.
RNE likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:21 am

seemed to work for me last night, however it was a combination of old and new. very strange.

this is typical in poorly executed website migrations. Website switches like this are not that complex to do, but require perfect execution with an intelligent team/leadership behind it. Problem is, you dont get that often. Especially if its an offshore team (no offense). which is why you end up with half assed, half baked products that fail during cross over.

you also have the issue of caching, load balancing and duplication across different servers. intelligent people can solve this issue as well to make it seamless
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by mander
So true. I'd much rather switch airlines then switch away from Chrome.
For most of my work day, I don't even have the option of using a browser other than Chrome. So switching away ain't going to happen.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:49 am

Thumbs down Website changes

Has anyone noticed that when booking tickets on UA.com it is not automatically saving their account. Seems to have started with the new website. Does their IT now do QC on its products?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
The website transition is a mess. I am back on the old page and award booking doesn't work. Hard to see certain earnings that were easier to see historically. Itineraries have no clear flags when there are changes.

I have a flight that went from 772==> 789 that is still showing waitlisted for an ON upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.