Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Premier benefits on AC operated flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Premier benefits on AC operated flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:24 am

Dumb question but did you put your Mileage Plus number on your reservation? You should be able to get in to the lounge by showing your Mileage Plus card.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gpicur
Oh wise UA FlyerTalkers,

Bought a business class ticket CVG-DXB-CVG on United.com. I have Gold status with United based on million miler status. I checked in this morning for My first two legs, CVG-YYZ & YYZ-DXB, both of which are on Air Canada. When I checked my boarding passes, they list “FREQUENT FLYER” but the status is blank. Is this normal or does AC not recognize Gold status from United ? I ask as I have a 10 hour layover in YYZ and I was sure hoping to spend some of that time in the AC Maple Leaf Lounge. Your keen responses are appreciated.

FWIW: the first segment is on AC affiliate “Jazz”. I noticed at check in I was only entitled to 1 fifty pound checked bag as opposed to the more generous baggage allowance.
It's normal. Happened to me as well. I suspect the FREQUENT FLYER section is for notating Aeroplan elite status. On mobile boarding passes in iOS, the *G status shows if you go into the pass details.

You can verify whether it's set by loading your PNR into cowtool--it should reflect correctly there.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by stupidhead
Dumb question but did you put your Mileage Plus number on your reservation? You should be able to get in to the lounge by showing your Mileage Plus card.
yes, I logged in to United.com using my Mileage Plus number. Everything on the United site shows my Gold status
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Oh wise UA FlyerTalkers,

Bought a business class ticket CVG-DXB-CVG on United.com. I have Gold status with United based on million miler status. I checked in this morning for My first two legs, CVG-YYZ & YYZ-DXB, both of which are on Air Canada. When I checked my boarding passes, they list “FREQUENT FLYER” but the status is blank. Is this normal or does AC not recognize Gold status from United ? I ask as I have a 10 hour layover in YYZ and I was sure hoping to spend some of that time in the AC Maple Leaf Lounge. Your keen responses are appreciated.

FWIW: the first segment is on AC affiliate “Jazz”. I noticed at check in I was only entitled to 1 fifty pound checked bag as opposed to the more generous baggage allowance.
Why stay in the airport for 10 hours? Take the UP to downtown Toronto.

Also, check if you qualify for the Signature lounge at YYZ. This is much better than Maple Leaf, and even better than Polaris lounge in my opinion.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17

Also, check if you qualify for the Signature lounge at YYZ. This is much better than Maple Leaf, and even better than Polaris lounge in my opinion.
I checked both the boarding passes in Apple and the ones Air Canada sent me via email and neither has any mention of Star Gold
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I checked both the boarding passes in Apple and the ones Air Canada sent me via email and neither has any mention of Star Gold
I think you have responded to an incorrect post.

Again, I would recommend going into the city by taking the train. 3 or 4 hours prior to the flight to DXB, you can come back to the airport.

You being in business class can get you into lounge (Signature or Maple Leaf). Status is not necessary.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:53 am

Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:07 am

Problem Solved

I asked the AC Gate Agent about the lack of *A Gold status on my BPs. He said that his system did not show me as having Star Gold status. I showed him my Mileage Plus Gold Card, he added my Mileage Plus info into their system and printed me new BPs both listing Star Gold Status. Thanks for everyone’s input !!!
jsloan, SPN Lifer and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
United has an AWFUL time transferring frequent flyer details to their partners. This continues to be an issue with their "closest" partner LH. Every ticket I book that includes LH/LX/etc. segments Lufthansa.com doesn't show my FF status at all. Most of the time you can't even edit the reservation ahead of the flight on LH.com.

Air Canada has shown similar behavior. You need to make sure you enter your FF# when checking-in on AC.com or via their agent. I suspect as you went through the check-in process that the FF field was blank but you didn't think to look at it.

-RM
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I showed him my Mileage Plus Gold Card, he added my Mileage Plus info into their system and printed me new BPs both listing Star Gold Status. Thanks for everyone’s input !!!
Spouse and I are flying DCA>YYZ>Europe on Air Canada metal next month; wonder if I should just plan to do this, but show my Mileage Plus card (in the United app?) at the DCA check-in counter? I have 25K with Air Canada via the Chase Aeroplan credit card but I have Gold with United. Not sure how much incremental value we would get with Star Gold but probably still worth being on record in case of IRROPS? It's an Aeroplan points booking, not cash. Hardly ever fly Air Canada, using those 50k certs from last year's credit card sign up bonus for this trip.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

You being in business class can get you into lounge (Signature or Maple Leaf). Status is not necessary.
Only revenue non upgraded tickets, status does not exempt from this restriction.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
United has an AWFUL time transferring frequent flyer details to their partners. This continues to be an issue with their "closest" partner LH. Every ticket I book that includes LH/LX/etc. segments Lufthansa.com doesn't show my FF status at all. Most of the time you can't even edit the reservation ahead of the flight on LH.com.

Air Canada has shown similar behavior. You need to make sure you enter your FF# when checking-in on AC.com or via their agent. I suspect as you went through the check-in process that the FF field was blank but you didn't think to look at it.

-RM
Not saying it's your issue but many of these FFP info transfer problems are associated with people having what you might call "non-standard English" names. Latin country, including Puerto Rico, names are often in three parts (first, last#1, last #2). Other cases involve hyphenated last names. I'm sure there are other examples. I know there are many posts in the AC forums about Aeroplan mambers (often French Canadian) with hyphenated last names that can't get their Aeroplan info transported by AC into UA's reservation system.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:57 pm

You Guys ROCK !!!!

Thank you to all who responded to my posts about AC and especially those who steered me to the SIGNATURE Lounge. This place is amazing !! I did not venture downtown as I am saddled with a large carry on and back pack ( to avoid checked baggage). However, as I discovered, the Signature Lounge will hold your bags. Again, you wise FlyerTalkers add true value to this forum.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thank you to all who responded to my posts about AC and especially those who steered me to the SIGNATURE Lounge. This place is amazing !! I did not venture downtown as I am saddled with a large carry on and back pack ( to avoid checked baggage). However, as I discovered, the Signature Lounge will hold your bags. Again, you wise FlyerTalkers add true value to this forum.
The signature lounge is indeed nice. Too bad they don't allow entry on award tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.