Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Premier benefits on AC operated flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Premier benefits on AC operated flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by emcampbe
yes, you’ll get MLL access in YYZ. Have not been there in a long time, but at least per-pandemic, it included a fairly decent buffet with multiple options.
There is no buffet. There is no self-serve anything. In the evening the international MLL gets crowded when all the TATL flights depart.
You can order small snacks to your table, which, if they arrive, are quite decent.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Thanks all for the replies - we will try to use the Maple Leaf Lounge while in Toronto if we have time. Will we also get Lounge access at O'Hare and in Reykjavik?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ord1027
... Will we also get Lounge access at O'Hare ...
Yes, UC

Originally Posted by ord1027
... and in Reykjavik?
No *G lounge at KEF (UA flyers in business have contract lounge access. AC is not listed)
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat
AC Preferred Seat Plus Free Snack

I booked a UA Y award ticket on AC metal, DEN to YYZ. 016 ticket. At booking was able to select preferred seating at no cost. Able to switch to a different preferred seat after booking, and again at check in. On the flight I was offered a free sandwich and choice of two snacks from their a la carte menu. Everyone else was paying. I’m Platinum this year. Very surprised and pleased with these perks on AC, as they do not seem to be published anywhere.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I booked a UA Y award ticket on AC metal, DEN to YYZ. 016 ticket. At booking was able to select preferred seating at no cost. Able to switch to a different preferred seat after booking, and again at check in. On the flight I was offered a free sandwich and choice of two snacks from their a la carte menu. Everyone else was paying. I’m Platinum this year. Very surprised and pleased with these perks on AC, as they do not seem to be published anywhere.
Been a while since I flew a UA award on AC, but relatively new is that AC has different levels of awards similar to their cash 'tiers' - each fare type benefits are different. I wonder if a partner award books into the 'latitude' bucket which includes any regular or preferred seat, as well as a food/drink benefit onboard.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:33 am

Been a while since I flew a UA award on AC, but relatively new is that AC has different levels of awards similar to their cash 'tiers' - each fare type benefits are different. I wonder if a partner award books into the 'latitude' bucket which includes any regular or preferred seat, as well as a food/drink benefit onboard.
These were Saver awards, X fare class on UA.

I forgot to mention, I booked an aisle seat with no one next to me. At boarding I checked the seat map and the middle seat next to me was showing an X, for filled. The window seat was open. I thought it strange that someone would take the middle seat when the window was open. I went to the GA and asked if I could move up one row, as that row was empty. She responded that no one was seated next to me, which turned out to be the case. Doe AC block seats next to certain fare classes as an additional perk?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Were you just going to Toronto or connecting to go elsewhere? I've seen different treatment on AC award flights in Y (Devil's Chariot) when connecting at YYZ to an AC flight in J vs connecting to a different *A airline in J. Notably, no charge for bulkhead on the short puddle jump from CLE to YYZ if the onward flight is on AC.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Were you just going to Toronto or connecting to go elsewhere? I've seen different treatment on AC award flights in Y (Devil's Chariot) when connecting at YYZ to an AC flight in J vs connecting to a different *A airline in J. Notably, no charge for bulkhead on the short puddle jump from CLE to YYZ if the onward flight is on AC.
Terminated at Toronto.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
If its a single cabin, AC seems to default to Latitude if paying for a higher fare. This even works with premium economy tickets in multi-cabin North America flights, you won't be placed in J but you will get Latitude benefits (at least historically, I'm on a single cabin PIT-YYZ Friday and that still seems to hold up).
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:39 pm

I can now confirm that my UA MP Y award booked into a Latitude fare on AC. Nice! Nothing to do with Premier benefits, though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, AC 25K, United MP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Basic economy snafu

Was denied free checked bag on economy basic YUL-CDG as UA *G at the YUL AC priority check in counter. Had to cough up $75. Anybody had similar experience?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myshaft
Was denied free checked bag on economy basic YUL-CDG as UA *G at the YUL AC priority check in counter. Had to cough up $75. Anybody had similar experience?
according to the AC baggage calculator, this was charged correctly by the agent. Even *G apparently doesn’t help on a Basic fare. Another good reason Basic is just not worth it (in many cases, at least).
Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
according to the AC baggage calculator, this was charged correctly by the agent. Even *G apparently doesn’t help on a Basic fare. Another good reason Basic is just not worth it (in many cases, at least).
It is worded in an ambiguous way and plenty of reports of free bag on AC as SAG on Basic E fares.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
It is worded in an ambiguous way and plenty of reports of free bag on AC as SAG on Basic E fares.
Doesn’t seem ambiguous to me.

at least when I used the calculator, for YUL to CDG as a *G in Y, it clearly shows first bag free, with a note underneath showing that exception that it is $75 on a basic fare. Presumably, the system is aware of the *G, since it shows the same section for bag 1 when specifying no status, but shows second bag free for *G vs. $100 for no status.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: United
Noob Status Q (Apologies if wrong thread)

I recently obtained silver with UA. I will be flying with AC this coming weekend (booked through UA). As a silver member I was under the impression that I had access to complimentary upgrades and access to Economy Plus at check-in AND that these benefits applied to Star Alliance members. When I checked-in for my AC flight however, the E+ seats still were listed at $69.

Am I missing something>?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.