Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

SFO-DEN LUNCH (Snack)
787-8
Flight 555 1pm Departure.
Fruit and cheese or vegetarian wrap.
This is the “wrap”. I logged my complaint already with 1Kvoice. The cheese wasn’t any better. I would have done better in the back of the plane.
Wow. This may be the best example of how bad the cuts have become. You would almost think this was a flight <from> DEN, not to it, except you at least got vegetables in that wrap.

Pathetic.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
United Express has a 787-8?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
United Express has a 787-8?
It's not an United Express.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

SFO-DEN LUNCH (Snack)
787-8
Flight 555 1pm Departure.
Fruit and cheese or vegetarian wrap.
This is the “wrap”. I logged my complaint already with 1Kvoice. The cheese wasn’t any better. I would have done better in the back of the plane.
That's not a vegetarian wrap, that is a "we don't give a crap" wrap. Did anyone from management actually review and sign off on this?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
It's not an United Express.
The food is.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Wow. This may be the best example of how bad the cuts have become. You would almost think this was a flight <from> DEN, not to it, except you at least got vegetables in that wrap.

Pathetic.
This is not a DEN exception. I was offered exactly the same "wrap" on my ORD-IAH flight on Thanksgiving weekend.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
The food is.
I have had much better on Express. And at least you get the cookie
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
LAX - MCO 1/31/18, 10:32am departure, lunch.

Cross country food still seems good, not too many cuts. Shrimp and sausage jambalaya, salad, bread, slice of chocolate cake.

choice of PDB, hot towel service, warm nuts.

Very friendly crew and excellent service throughout the flight!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Did anything change 2/1? Flew BOS-ORD 1/31 and had the normal egg sandwich / overnight oats breakfast choice with Cinnamon rolls available (embarrassingly can be a big reason reason I pick UA breakfast flights). Flew home today ORD-BOS and had the breakfast service but withOUT the cinnamon roll / croissant choice (although the bread plate was on the tray). I'm asking because some in-flight rep / supervisor came on-board the flight in advance and the FA even asked and he said "not meant to be there."

BOS-ORD is an exemption route.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Did anything change 2/1? Flew BOS-ORD 1/31 and had the normal egg sandwich / overnight oats breakfast choice with Cinnamon rolls available (embarrassingly can be a big reason reason I pick UA breakfast flights). Flew home today ORD-BOS and had the breakfast service but withOUT the cinnamon roll / croissant choice (although the bread plate was on the tray). I'm asking because some in-flight rep / supervisor came on-board the flight in advance and the FA even asked and he said "not meant to be there."

BOS-ORD is an exemption route.
Did it say Breakfast or Snack on flight status?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I think you got Snacked. There is no longer any mention of exception routes on the meal schedule, and there are no meals but Dinner on all flights with canonical block time of 2h59 or less.

This is rising to the point of complaining about it even if I haven't personally experienced it..
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:32 pm

Wow, I did get "Snacked"...both flights (1/31 and 2/1) were listed as Snack but BOS-ORD has been that way for a while. Also, literally in the last 24 hours the exceptions were removed from united.com...

This sucks...
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
On united.com page, it looks like the "hot and cold" wording has been removed from the 3hr+ section. Perhaps a return to 2 hot meals?

As previous poster said, it looks like the "exception" routes were removed
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:15 pm

Can someone creative come up with a #BringBackMyCinnamonRolls ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.