Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
7DE are more or less in the galley. My instinct would be to avoid them - any legroom is going to be impeded by moving carts and FAs.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:06 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Back to the seating...In First:

Just flew on my first reconfigured bird...WOW. 1A/B now my favorite non lie-flat mainline seats in the fleet. (IOW, better than any 737 or Airbii family member).

...I mean--no! 1A/B are horrible. No legroom. No special cutout to stow your bag. No, I can't get up from the window without disturbing my seatmate! Absolutely awful seats.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Back to the seating...In First:

Just flew on my first reconfigured bird...WOW. 1A/B now my favorite non lie-flat mainline seats in the fleet. (IOW, better than any 737 or Airbii family member).

...I mean--no! 1A/B are horrible. No legroom. No special cutout to stow your bag. No, I can't get up from the window without disturbing my seatmate! Absolutely awful seats.
Now?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:13 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Now?
Yeah, we hadn’t seen these too much at ORD until recently. I had only been on one once before (in a non-bulkhead seat) and I assumed all things were equal, so I’d opt for an aircraft with DTV (Primarily 738s). But now will go out of my way to book it.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Tealy13
What is the leg room like in seats 7E & 7D? I would rather have two seats by themselves but my husband is 6'3 and I know 23F would be unlimited leg room.......

Does anyone have an opinion about whether either the aisle seats in 21 or 23 are better? (21CD vs 23 CD) Or are they essentially equal?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by augkor

Does anyone have an opinion about whether either the aisle seats in 21 or 23 are better? (21CD vs 23 CD) Or are they essentially equal?
And while we're comparing, how do rows 21 and 23 CD compare to row 8 CD?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
And while we're comparing, how do rows 21 and 23 CD compare to row 8 CD?
I flew this config a few weeks ago and was sitting in 10D or there about. The person that was in 8C was not very happy. As the plane was boarding everyone was bumping into her knees. I heard her talking to the FA who said that generally people are not happy with that seat. In addition, if you do not board in the pre-group with the other 1Ks, you run the risk of not having any overhead space near you even for your laptop since that part of the plane can get filled up really fast even before group 1 gets on.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I flew this config a few weeks ago and was sitting in 10D or there about. The person that was in 8C was not very happy. As the plane was boarding everyone was bumping into her knees. I heard her talking to the FA who said that generally people are not happy with that seat. In addition, if you do not board in the pre-group with the other 1Ks, you run the risk of not having any overhead space near you even for your laptop since that part of the plane can get filled up really fast even before group 1 gets on.
Thanks!

For those who kave been in 8 AF by the window, is there underseat storage ahead of row 7, or does everything have to go up in the bin?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
This is the 753? No cutout under garment closet anymore??? It's just as bad as 1CD now???
I'm gonna have to switch out of 1A if that's the case. I can't tell if you're being facetious or not with emoji.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Thanks!

For those who kave been in 8 AF by the window, is there underseat storage ahead of row 7, or does everything have to go up in the bin?
There is no underseat storage for either of the window seats in row 8 (A or F). A is directly next to the entry door and F has space, but the galley is the next thing forward after the space. The only way to get underseat storage in 8F would be to convince the person in 8E to share their underseat storage. Might work if you are traveling as a pair.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
23 reclines, 21 does not.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not with emoji.
He is. Stick with 1A.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM

Row 21 is a true exit row with extra pitch. Row 23 is a regular E+.

Some prefer 23 A&F because there is no 22 A&F.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:51 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
This is the 753? No cutout under garment closet anymore??? It's just as bad as 1CD now???
I'm gonna have to switch out of 1A if that's the case. I can't tell if you're being facetious or not with emoji.
Originally Posted by Kacee
He is. Stick with 1A.

Indeed.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Phew! Thanks! I couldn't figure out why UA would spend the money to alter a closet. I guess they didn't.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Does Dow 21 have limited recline?

Any oics of rows 21/22/23 area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.