Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I can't believe you guys continue to put up with this @#$%$* from United.
United has proven that the only way to teach them a lesson (see: Basic Economy Rollback) is WITH YOUR (United co-branded) CREDIT CARD!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was on DEN-YYC tonight. F meal was the cheeseburger. Yet another complaint will be submitted tomorrow.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:28 am

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Try being a frontline agent and not hearing anything from the company on this and trying to take a best guess.... kind of can't wait to go back to below the wing... my heart sinks everytime i hear a call over my radio asking me to talk to y'all over this...
leftax likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
Not entirely nothing, perhaps.

From this quote in Post 686:

it appears that they could be diverting the ingredients that would have gone into F meals prepared in their dormant flight kitchen to good causes in the Denver area. At least someone would be getting some real food that way.
Originally Posted by fumje
I have seen donated food that looks better than some of these ex-DEN F cabin meals.
I expect the unused food is from flights coming back into DEN ... which would explain both of these observations.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CleUnited
Try being a frontline agent and not hearing anything from the company on this and trying to take a best guess.... kind of can't wait to go back to below the wing... my heart sinks everytime i hear a call over my radio asking me to talk to y'all over this...
I completely get your point, but suggest that "trying to make a best guess" can be part of the problem. We've had heard FAs and GAs just plain making up too many things. Better to say "I don't know, we haven't had updates from corporate on this issue."
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Affect Polaris about of DEN?

Does this issue affect Polaris flights out of DEN? I am DEN-LHR today and trying to decide if I eat prior.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Holy Cow! I just saw this thread. I was in F on a DEN-IAD flight on March 25th and the dinner "choice" was (a) hamburger; (b) ...nada.

I couldn't believe it actually, thought it was an isolated incident. Wondered what my vegetarian wife would have done. The hamburger was terrible. A small piece of meat with a massive giant piece of roll wrapped around it. What the heck is going on?!
Problem with the kitchen that must be expensive to remediate or Kirby is using DEN to just how far he can go to reduce the soft product before it affects overall profitability.
Plane-is-home likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
Does this issue affect Polaris flights out of DEN? I am DEN-LHR today and trying to decide if I eat prior.
Polaris flights shouldn't be affected, I believe they're bringing in the catering from elsewhere for those routes.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Problem with the kitchen that must be expensive to remediate or Kirby is using DEN to just how far he can go to reduce the soft product before it affects overall profitability.
i don’t think the food being offered is significantly cheaper than normal catering.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
I find it interesting that people think construction in a airport facility not owned by United is completely within the airlines control (or even much at all in United's control). I doubt this has anything to do with cost - probably more to do with unions, permits, inspections, approvals, etc.....

I doubt this has anything to do with cost given it is such a small expense in the big picture of UA revenue/profit.
N104UA likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I find it interesting that people think construction in a airport facility not owned by United is completely within the airlines control (or even much at all in United's control). I doubt this has anything to do with cost - probably more to do with unions, permits, inspections, approvals, etc.....

I doubt this has anything to do with cost given it is such a small expense in the big picture of UA revenue/profit.
Really? I couldn't disagree more.

If they'd wanted to fix it, they could've. They obviously don't, as there's another viable option available.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
there's another viable option available.
Such as?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Such as?
Obviously LSG. They're already under contract and service the United Clubs for food services, they have for years.

https://www.lsgskychefs.com/location/denver-co/
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Obviously LSG. They're already under contract and service the United Clubs for food services, they have for years.

https://www.lsgskychefs.com/location/denver-co/
That assumes they have the capacity and capability
to cater and deliver to United’s specs, from that location. Also assumes the financials/contracts are in place.

I don’t know anything about LSG or the catering business to be honest, but based on what I do for a living, things that seem simple on the surface can be very complex once you start peeling the onion. Especially for a temporary situation that may have started short term and just snowballed from there.

Without being their contracts person, I wouldn’t know ...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
LSG would need to add a lot of line capacity, apparently, which isn't in the cards. This issue is discussed earlier in the thread somewhere (cant find it ATM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.