Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Funny moment on my YYC-DEN flight. We are just sitting st the gate. Somebody swapped seats, and the FA made a note of who changed and she said “just as well you told me”.

Then the the guy said, “how come? Will I now have the choice of cheese plate or cheese plate?”

the FA said “no cheese plates, we came from Chicago not from Denver”
lupine, onthesam, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by david_oz
Funny moment on my YYC-DEN flight. We are just sitting st the gate. Somebody swapped seats, and the FA made a note of who changed and she said “just as well you told me”.

Then the the guy said, “how come? Will I now have the choice of cheese plate or cheese plate?”

Haha that’s really funny. I don’t think it matters though. If I’m not mistaken “fresh” food served ex-CA must be from a CA catering facility, so you got YYC food.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If I’m not mistaken “fresh” food served ex-CA must be from a CA catering facility, so you got YYC food.
It's not a given. On birds with ovens, and a meal, you may get Canadian food (depending on the turn), but for UX birds it's stocked from the prior airport.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC SE

On the flipside, the YYC-ORD flight often suffers from the DEN catering issues. I had a YYC-ORD flight coded as "lunch" that was the cheese plate because the aircraft had come from DEN. Disappointing that UA Express won't cater meals, even when departing from a Star Alliance hub with proper catering facilities.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Haha that’s really funny. I don’t think it matters though. If I’m not mistaken “fresh” food served ex-CA must be from a CA catering facility, so you got YYC food.
Originally Posted by jmcintosh
It's not a given. On birds with ovens, and a meal, you may get Canadian food (depending on the turn), but for UX birds it's stocked from the prior airport.
Yes, correct - and as mentioned, this extends the DEN catering issues even further to routes like YYC-ORD where they cater a cheese plate or hummus for lunch on a 1385 mile flight.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
Does this issue affect Polaris flights out of DEN? I am DEN-LHR today and trying to decide if I eat prior.
I was on a SFO-DEN flight recently. I heard mention that they were bringing in the DEN-LHR catering - I was on a 777 so there should have been plenty of room for DEN-LHR catering.
I also heard that there's an issue with DEN's catering - no details.

I haven't waded through this entire thread, but I would anticipate whatever issue there is with DEN catering, it will be resolved. I haven't had long flights out of DEN, but it sounds like things have gotten really crappy as of late.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: UA GS

that was me
blueman2 and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Cheese plate for RIC-DEN

Back in late February, I had cheese plate on RIC-DEN flight (E-175). I guess that the catering on this flight came from DEN.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home

that was me
haha! I was the guy laughing sitting by the window on the other side from you. Same row.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
On 513 DEN-EWR yesterday. Choices were beef tips with mac n cheese or lentil chili with polenta. Both came with cheesecake and fruit salad which was removed from their respective packages and plated.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Dinner on SMF-DEN on E175 double catered.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumped this since it's been 11 days. Any positive changes seen in Denver catering in last couple of days?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Bumped this since it's been 11 days. Any positive changes seen in Denver catering in last couple of days?
I think gnawing your own arm off for sustenance would be a more positive change than the post above yours.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
C'mon. I like the snausages.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Nope, flew den-phl f on Tuesday. Burger, no toppings. They *did* empty the gelatinous goo fruit cup into a bowl before serving... I guess that's... Progress...

E
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
C'mon. I like the snausages.
Snausages are dog food which might actually be an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.