Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
None of the UCs have showers and I’m not sure there is a plan to change this. It really stinks, as I connect through EWR a lot and would love a UC option.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by vandalby
What is UA doing in terms of arrivals lounge / shower for PS travelers on red-eyes now?
Nothing. If you want a shower following a premium t-con, you'll have to fly DL or AA.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
None of the UCs have showers and I’m not sure there is a plan to change this.
There is not. This was a deliberate cut by UA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
None of the UCs have showers . It really stinks, .
That is why showers are necessary
Old May 9, 2019, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Nothing. If you want a shower following a premium t-con, you'll have to fly DL or AA.
There is not. This was a deliberate cut by UA.
Originally Posted by Blutak
That is why showers are necessary
It’s bad enough that one single toilet is shared by the entire lounge, but seriously....
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Head to LAX TBIT *A Lounge for showers!
(Once COVID-19 closure is rescinded.)
Originally Posted by transportprof
The Star Alliance Lounge at LAX has very nice showers. @:-)
Originally Posted by spin88
which will in no way help out the OP... he is flying NYC-CA, and the *A lounge requires either J/F or you be a non-UA airline. From their web-site:

If you are flying UA on the old PS routes, or basically on any domestic route, all the club passes, a UC membership, GS, etc will give you zippo shower access. You have to fly DL or AA to get that....
Not correct. United *G and a domestic UA departure gets you in to TBIT *A lounge.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I got lost in all the details, but United Gold and better get access to the LAX Star Alliance lounge (and the showers) when departing on a United flight. Even if riding a Basic Economy 😮 fare.​​​​​
Originally Posted by wpcoe
I keep getting confused on that. I'm arriving NRT-LAX on NH in F and connecting LAX-SAN on UA in Y, so I *can* use the TBIT *A lounge for a shower? And the reason would be the UA flight (in Y) and me being MP Gold, not the NH flight (in F)?
Yup. Virtually all my LAX domestic UA departures for the past two years. It's not even a question.
United Club members can get into the LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) Star Alliance (*A) Lounge, too:

"As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge at the airport where your flight departs."

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

With the LAX TBIT *A Lounge showers, some of us are not beholden to DL or AA. ​​​​
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is there a place to shower at any of the UCs? I don't recall seeing any showers at UC Rotunda.

Is it possible to shower at any of the UCs?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 8, 2022 at 12:22 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is there a place to shower at any of the UCs? I don't recall seeing any showers at UC Rotunda.
Not in SF - only Polaris lounge
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No, just in Polaris Lounges.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Is it not possible to shower at any UC's anymore?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
And EWR UC and LHR UC and apparent more to come (new DEN UC and ...)
But not presently any IAH UC
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is it not possible to shower at any UC's anymore?
United Clubs do not offer showers, they were all removed. The only shower options are the Polaris Lounges, or Centurion Lounge, I can't speak for the *A eligible lounges for other airlines at different airports.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
United Clubs do not offer showers, they were all removed. The only shower options are the Polaris Lounges, or Centurion Lounge, I can't speak for the *A eligible lounges for other airlines at different airports.
Let me try again, as that is wrong
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And EWR UC and LHR UC and apparent more to come (new DEN UC and ...)
But not presently any IAH UC
UA appears to have decided to bring shower back at some UCs
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Let me try again, as that is wrong

UA appears to have decided to bring shower back at some UCs
I'm really surprised there is no way to shower except at the Polaris lounge. UA gotta do something to address this!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:52 pm

I'm really surprised there is no way to shower except at the Polaris lounge. UA gotta do something to address this!
Well with the return of some UC showers UA seems to be doing that -- however, for flights short of overnight transcons, one can question the need for domestic showers. Note many domestic clubs / lounges of domestic carriers don't have showers. So maybe just the hubs / international gateways? But this debate has been had many times and this is the wrong thread for this discussion, so will move to the UC shower thread

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 8, 2022 at 12:01 am
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
I was there 10 days ago and the bathrooms were clean. It was a Monday night and the floors were kind of messy, but in general, this place was heaven-sent for me. The showers were cleaned and much-needed after 20 hours of traveling. I can't believe I am saying this, but I will do more travel out of Newark because of this lounge
I'd imagine we will see showers return across the system in the next few years at various United Clubs. I'm hoping the new C lounge at ORD has them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.