Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blueman2
Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines' New Transcontinental Service

Premium transcontinental service EWR to/from SFOLAX and BOS to/from SFO (Boston service starting 1 July 2017)
  • Flat-bed seats with custom-designed duvet & pillow provided by Saks Fifth Avenue
  • New amenity kits featuring Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Featured cocktail, Moscow Mule
  • Hot towel service offered after take-off & prior to landing
  • Seasonally refreshed menus
  • Dining will be topped off with items from United Polaris' dessert menu.
  • Before arrival, snacks such as Boulder Canyon potato chips & Madik’s almonds will be served.
  • Note: These routes are not CPU eligible (with need to use RPU/GPU/Miles+copay)

Complimentary hot meal and beverage service for customers seated in Economy Plus.

Also adding United Club access before flight and after arrival, just like ps
Print Wikipost

Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Now I just need my RPU to clear for my SFO-BOS flight in July and I'll be a happy camper .
Old May 31, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sadly it seems like I'll miss out on these extra perks, most importantly lounge access, as I'm flying BOS-SFO in June.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

This would likely be done as an annual program change.
+1
This is not a something for nothing give away. More to come.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
E+ is what attracted me to UA 10 years ago and has kept me on it. If that goes, then so do I.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:21 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Hey now, can't we all park of cynicism for a few days at least? You never know, this might be a change we do actually like.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Premium Transcontinental Service? PTS? Post Traumatic Stress? Aka- what Dr. Dao is likely dealing with?

Who does United hire to write these press releases?
Old May 31, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bmw303
^ United for this change, but I also fear that United will change E+ access rules to match Delta's. But for now, with what we know now, very impressive.
If UA matched DL, the only difference would be that UA Golds wouldn't get free E+ until T-72, right? That seems fine, there's usually plenty of E+ availability then anyway.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
E+ is what attracted me to UA 10 years ago and has kept me on it. If that goes, then so do I.
It's what keeps me on UA, since was doing a lot of transcon.

If they'd do this for LAX-BOS it would be even better - it's not really worth the extra travel time and connection for me to fly BUR-SFO-BOS instead of LAX-BOS, especially with the risk of delays at SFO.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by getagb
If UA matched DL, the only difference would be that UA Golds wouldn't get free E+ until T-72, right? That seems fine, there's usually plenty of E+ availability then anyway.
You might want to read up on how DL handles C+ upgrades. It's awful.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
You might want to read up on how DL handles C+ upgrades. It's awful.
Not to go off-topic, but didn't getagb get it right? At time of booking for top elites, 72 hours for golds, 24 hours for silvers? All still eligible for first class (except basic fares)?

I can see a similar system rolling out on UA.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Not to go off-topic, but didn't getagb get it right? At time of booking for top elites, 72 hours for golds, 24 hours for silvers? All still eligible for first class (except basic fares)?

I can see a similar system rolling out on UA.
You have to actually request an upgrade to C+ on DL. And you can only "request" an upgrade for one companion, who must be a DL SM member.

It's a total cf compared to UA where you just pick the E+ seat you want for you and your eligible companion(s) at time of booking.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
You have to actually request an upgrade to C+ on DL. And you can only "request" an upgrade for one companion, who must be a DL SM member.
Does Delta have an equivalent to Platinum, and if so, how is that handled?

For me, the #1 perk of UA Platinum is E+ for my entire party. I use it regularly for family travel, so it would suck if they devalue that benefit.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by TCD
Hey now, can't we all park of cynicism for a few days at least? You never know, this might be a change we do actually like.
It might be, but has United earned the benefit of the doubt?
Old May 31, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rflor
Does Delta have an equivalent to Platinum, and if so, how is that handled?
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html

and

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-upgrades.html

Sounds like one companion:

COMPANION ACCESS

You and a traveling companion may both enjoy a Complimentary Upgrade to Delta Comfort+ when traveling on Delta and certain Delta Connection carriers, as long as that companion is a General SkyMiles Member, Medallion Member or partner airline elite member*, and traveling on the same flight.
(bolding added)
Old May 31, 2017, 10:22 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
First off, I think it's about time that this change happened ^ and I do like the fact that E+ will get free food and booze ^ but I also remember when PS started and that all pax in Y* received a free meal** but that went the way of the Dodo so I hope say a year/2 years from now, it's still around

*granted it was all E+ back then
**albeit a snack box with a sandwich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.