Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA award booking questions / issues / experiences for ANA (NH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA award booking questions / issues / experiences for ANA (NH)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyers Club / HH Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
I'm sorry. You were told that UA is aware of this problem and that they're actively trying to fix it?

I'm having the same problem.
Yes. But if you have time, please mention this to united.
I think they may think this minor problem. So please let them aware that many people are affected now.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Takubon
Yes. But if you have time, please mention this to united.
I think they may think this minor problem. So please let them aware that many people are affected now.
I've reported the issue as well - trying to book some award travel on NH between TYO and LON in late June and all NH flights are not available - they seem to be aware of the issue but still not fixed - and up until a few days ago NH was showing up in searches...
Old May 18, 2016, 6:57 pm

OK, I called premier desk to see if they could book NH award seats over the phone. But the rep also got error message. He then talked to someone else and was apparently told they're having some type of system issues with Mileage Plus booking. He told me to try again in a day or two.
Old May 18, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by evergrn
OK, I called premier desk to see if they could book NH award seats over the phone. But the rep also got error message. He then talked to someone else and was apparently told they're having some type of system issues with Mileage Plus booking. He told me to try again in a day or two.
I know it's not easy - but come on - why can't things just work the way they are supposed to? I NEVER see the revenue collecting systems break down and not work for days or weeks - in fact they take my money withing 3 milliseconds after button click - it's seems that only the benefit systems are subject to days and weeks of "glitches" and malfunctions, and I don't think that is by chance...
Old May 18, 2016, 7:38 pm

Yes, such is the world we live in.

Those same ANA flights pull up fine on ual.com, if it's for purchase.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:26 am

Seems to be somewhat working again

Checked all day yesterday for an ANA flight and wasn't showing up on United website until about 11pm eastern time. Tried to book and went to an error message, but it gave me a confirmation number. Caledl in to web support and they were able to manually book it. Less than 10 minutes later I received my confirmation/receipt email.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:32 am

It's fully working now. I just booked NH domestic award seats on ual.com without any issues.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:55 am

Thanks for the updating! But I noticed that there is a Close-in booking fees of $25, for the ANA flights only? Is it a new thing?
Old May 19, 2016, 11:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rebyang
Thanks for the updating! But I noticed that there is a Close-in booking fees of $25, for the ANA flights only? Is it a new thing?
If within 21 days of travel (or change of O/D), any award booking or change is subject to a close in fee -- sliding scale $25 for Golds

Booking a MileagePlus award ticket through any channel, less than 21 days before departure
or
Making any change less than 21 days prior to the date of travel; or changing origin/destination at any time
and, of course
Booking a MileagePlus award ticket by phone through the United Customer Contact Center, regardless of departure date
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG G, HH G, Marriott:G, BW Diamond, CC:Gold
Help booking United Award Flight with ANA

I need some of your expert help to book United award flight. I currently have Ultimate Rewards points from chase which I can transfer to UA.

My flight plan is Nov 4th KTM > SYD > Nov 23 MEL > KTM

When I look for the round trip flight on award hacker for KTM>SYD. I get 45K NH miles. Since I don't have MR or SPG points to transfer to NH. I don't know if there is a way to book for 45k miles with open jaw using UR. If its not possible then here is my another question:

Using UA award search for one way economy saver award flight Nov 4 KTM>SYD I can only find long layover flight with 2 stops through DEL. Since I want to minimize the stops I found out there is a flight on Nov4 KTM>BKK using Thai Airway with 12hrs layover and Nov5 BKK >SYD on Thai as well. Since united is not showing this flight on their website, is there any way I can book this flight using UA miles?

Thanks,
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
No. NH probably is not releasing inventory to UA for this booking, nor is Thai.

However, you can "try" finding it piecemeal via the award system and seeing if an agent will agree to piece it together.

Note also that I seriously doubt KTM to SYD is direct (being Nepali, I know who flies in/out of there). NH would force a connection in Japan.
UA does not show well AI, but KTM-DEL/BOM-SYD is all flown by AI.

Me, I'd just suck it up on AirAsia for $600ish RT, with decent connections in KUL.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG G, HH G, Marriott:G, BW Diamond, CC:Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
No. NH probably is not releasing inventory to UA for this booking, nor is Thai.

However, you can "try" finding it piecemeal via the award system and seeing if an agent will agree to piece it together.

Note also that I seriously doubt KTM to SYD is direct (being Nepali, I know who flies in/out of there). NH would force a connection in Japan.
UA does not show well AI, but KTM-DEL/BOM-SYD is all flown by AI.

Me, I'd just suck it up on AirAsia for $600ish RT, with decent connections in KUL.
I tried calling united airlines to piece together Thai flight but looks like Thai is not releasing any award flights. I used expert flyers and looks like Thai is blocking lots of seats.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Which is exactly what I imagined and noted.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Bumping up this thread as I'm having a similar issue....

I want to book NRT-SGN on 5 Dec in Business class on the 7pm flight (ANA #833). The space shows up using the NH tool and on their website as well. However, the UA website and AC tool only show availability on the 4:45pm flight. I'd normally chalk this up to phantom award space but since I could actually book C class on the 7pm on the ANA website makes me think something else is wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Any guide on how I could try to get UA to find that NH award space?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Does NH release some award inventory for only their own mileage program redemptions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.