Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA award booking questions / issues / experiences for ANA (NH)

Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold

I'm trying to book a First Class Award from LAX to NRT for November on United.com. I'd prefer ANA to Asiana, so I went to the ANA site to see if there was any availability. ANA showed 2 first class seats available. However, only one of those appears on United.

I've tried calling United and they said it's because ANA has only released one to its partners. Is this true or is it worth additional calls? Am I missing any ways of getting this?

What chances are there for additional seats to become available?

thanks
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by Chlorinedream
I'm trying to book a First Class Award from LAX to NRT for November on United.com. I'd prefer ANA to Asiana, so I went to the ANA site to see if there was any availability. ANA showed 2 first class seats available. However, only one of those appears on United.

I've tried calling United and they said it's because ANA has only released one to its partners. Is this true or is it worth additional calls? Am I missing any ways of getting this?

What chances are there for additional seats to become available?

thanks
That is still a long way out. Did it show as award on ANA or cash?
What they told you seems to make sense. They probably still hope they can get big money for it.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... I've tried calling United and they said it's because ANA has only released one to its partners. Is this true or is it worth additional calls? ....
very possible -- *A partners tend to hold back some inventory -- especially premium cabin -- for their program members.

....Am I missing any ways of getting this?

What chances are there for additional seats to become available? ....
impossible to answer --- probably willn't let the seat go empty but will wait until much closer to departure if not taken by their program members.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
That is still a long way out. Did it show as award on ANA or cash?
What they told you seems to make sense. They probably still hope they can get big money for it.
The two seats showed as an Award on ANA. I suppose there is plenty of time for more seats to be released. We may be too early.

That brings up another question: Is there any tool that will alert you when an award becomes available on your preferred date/airline? ExpertFlyer seemed like it used to but obviously they don't include UAL any longer.

Anyone know of any way to set alerts for award availability on United?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2015 at 5:59 pm Reason: merming consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Anyone know of any way to set alerts for award availability on United?
Nope -- UA has actively discouraged that.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:34 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
I'm trying to book a First Class Award from LAX to NRT [...] . ANA showed 2 first class seats available. However, only one of those appears on United.
[...]
United [...] said it's because ANA has only released one to its partners. Is this true [...] ?
It may be true but I've also seen availability differences in recent days that don't seem to be down to NH. Looking at NRT-ORD in early June, for example, there is some availability showing on the ANA website and Aeroplan that UA isn't showing.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Phantom ANA Award Space?

Tried to book a business class ticket (or a few) on the new ANA flight IAH-NRT in 2016. Shows up on united.com, but errors out when I try to purchase. Calling in says there's not availability. Trying to use the ANA site is confusing at best--it shows available but errors out partway through saying that the requested class of service is not available.

I know this is a known issue with LH but did not know if I had missed the issue on NH.

Last edited by bmr12; Aug 16, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If it's failing on the ANA site, I'd say the error is on their side.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:17 pm
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
ANA awards from HNL-NRT-TPE no longer available?

I've been checking one way award availability for the last month and there have been 2 different flights available on NH (HNL-NRT-TPE) but just not on the days I needed. For the last 2 days, there has been zero NH flights on any dates that I have checked from now until December. There are only flights on UA going through NRT and connecting to another carrier or NH.

Does anyone know if this is a glitch or did rules change in the last couple of days? I need to fly only NH and transit through Japan due to various other Animal control regulations as I am taking my cat to TPE.

Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: 1k
Have you tried calling or checking another departure city? ANA usually has plenty of award options from LAX.
It would be farther but if your cat is that important then......
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:58 am
sjl

Thanks! I actually tried the search again today from incognito window and using the old platform could see ANA flights again. So it had to be the new system glitch. Had me worried...whew!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:17 am
sjl

Originally Posted by sjl
Thanks! I actually tried the search again today from incognito window and using the old platform could see ANA flights again. So it had to be the new system glitch. Had me worried...whew!
Oh brother... tried it again just now.
according to The Points Guy...http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/how-...s-old-website/
UA has fixed the bug and it's back to only displaying the new glitchy site...argh!
Old May 17, 2016, 4:09 pm

ANA flights award booking on united miles

Somehow, I can't find any ANA flights using award booking on united miles. I remember I can see last week. In last couple years, I booked several ANA flights between JFK and NRT using united miles, also between China and Japan, etc. Any new policies?
Old May 18, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyers Club / HH Gold
I have similar problem. When I book the ANA award within Japan, I got error message.
I talked Japan premier desk and knew they have same problem (they can not book ANA award now) and now united is fixing this.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Takubon
I have similar problem. When I book the ANA award within Japan, I got error message.
I talked Japan premier desk and knew they have same problem (they can not book ANA award now) and now united is fixing this.
I'm sorry. You were told that UA is aware of this problem and that they're actively trying to fix it?

I'm having the same problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.