Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Issues booking UA MP award flights within Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, MR Gold (lifetime)

According to http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=A15099

There is a promotion running for award travel within Japan. I can't however book ANY flights within Japan from Tokyo (NRT or ITM) to any destination within Japan for either money or miles. I've tried using both the 'old' and 'new' United sites and chrome and IE both logged in and incognito and get the same results. A sample booking attempt (with either flexible or set dates) between Tokyo and Sapporo yields: 'United does not offer service between Tokyo, JP (TYO - All Airports) and Sapporo, JP (CTS). Please modify your search criteria'.

BTW, specifying HND or NRT instead of all airports gives the same indication.
I've reported this to United...but who knows this could be a feature instead of a bug or else something very odd with my account/computer.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
That's incorrect, there are plenty of awards between HND-CTS from August 21 to October 16. ANA only releases domestic award tickets 45-60 days out, which is consistent with their timing for purchased tickets.

Last edited by hirohito888; Aug 17, 2015 at 8:58 am Reason: Added screenshot
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
This has been a known issue for several years. You will need to call to book.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
If I remember correctly, you can only book one-ways within Japan using United award miles online. So if you are trying to do a roundtrip, try separating out each leg.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, MR Gold (lifetime)
Thanks. That explains what I was seeing.

Originally Posted by hirohito888
That's incorrect, there are plenty of awards between HND-CTS from August 21 to October 16. ANA only releases domestic award tickets 45-60 days out, which is consistent with their timing for purchased tickets.

I was trying to book after October 16th which is why I was seeing the issue. Thanks for the explanation. I will stop beating my head against the wall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.