Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
when does UA "file fares" for holiday flights?

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
M&Q may be available but has UA filed fares for the route in M or Q between the destinations yu're looking to fly?
Thanks for the thought, Xyzzy, but how would I know whether UA has "filed fares" except by looking at available buckets? Is there a specific time frame by which they need to do this? (we're less than 3 months out, I'm booking so early because trying to coordinate Award with rev travel over prime holiday flying time).

Today there suddenly seem to be Y and B fares available (for more than F was a couple days ago...) but still nothing less.

And again, if you think this is normal UA site stuff, not a glitch, please refer me to a better thread to ask about such things. I've just not encountered it previously.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is a similar discussion going on in the new website thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erns-here.html such as on odd ball award search results and problems purchaing flights. Unclear if this is a new website issue or something deeper.

WineCountryUA
UA coMododerator
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sincx
Trying to book an international flight with an ANA segment, and it is stuck after I click the purchase button. Any one else having this problem right now?
Tried to book today, all on UA, and same thing happened. Guess I'll try again later, maybe on a different airline.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:25 am
VA1

Programs: QF,VA,UA
Question Why does United.com keep directing me to the US site?

There is a thing at the upper right hand corner of the United.com homepage to choose a site for a specific country, I set that to the Australian site, but every time I click on a link on the homepage, it directs me to the US site. How do I fix this?

(I am new here, so sorry if I put this in the wrong place)
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There could be two things going on here. First it could be the new site, which is only just being rolled out to those of us not in the US. And second, even the old site redirected to the US version on certain occasions, such as reward bookings, and once you were in the US version it didn't want to go back.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
And it looks like UAL.com is down again - in sympathy with WN?

Originally Posted by UAL.com
Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.bfc58f18.1444622627.1bdc6679
As of 11:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: Various
Trouble with UA Visa on UAL.com?

Is anyone else having trouble with the website and purchasing a ticket this morning? I've tried my UA Visa, my husband's UA Visa, and our Explorer card, and none of them seem to be working - we keep getting booted back to the purchase page with a message to check our billing country (all of which is the US). I'm just curious if it is just us, or a more systemwide problem.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mechteach
Is anyone else having trouble with the website and purchasing a ticket this morning? I've tried my UA Visa, my husband's UA Visa, and our Explorer card, and none of them seem to be working - we keep getting booted back to the purchase page with a message to check our billing country (all of which is the US). I'm just curious if it is just us, or a more systemwide problem.
I have had this happen - with that same error - and I logged out and tried another browser and that fixed the issue for me...
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: Various
Thanks for the response! I'm still having the issue with another browser, and with trying not signing in. Who knows what the issue is!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
My Activity is Blank on Website and App

Just logged into my account. Seems that all of 2015 "My Activity is Blank" On the App a pop up come up with "No recent Activity" and states the same on the website. I posted over 85K PQM's this year all all was stated correctly the other day.
(all flights, credit card activity, Award, and RPU activity and history is blank)? However all YTD line items were there the other day?

When I look at statements all previous activity to 12/31/14 is correct. Its just the 2015 Activity that is now missing (I had over 35 Segments Posted and Monthly CC Activity) along with RPU Activity and Award usage?

My totals are correct, however all the line items are blank? Has anyone seen the same.

Perhaps UA is doing an update to its system?

Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Nov 1, 2015 at 12:41 am
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I'm seeing the same. Likely an update.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same here - no activity since 2014, although all of the totals/etc look right.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
UPDATE: All restored and correct

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Just logged into my account. Seems that all of 2015 "My Activity is Blank" On the App a pop up come up with "No recent Activity" and states the same on the website. I posted over 85K PQM's this year all all was stated correctly the other day.
(all flights, credit card activity, Award, and RPU activity and history is blank)? However all YTD line items were there the other day?

When I look at statements all previous activity to 12/31/14 is correct. Its just the 2015 Activity that is now missing (I had over 35 Segments Posted and Monthly CC Activity) along with RPU Activity and Award usage?

My totals are correct, however all the line items are blank? Has anyone seen the same.

Perhaps UA is doing an update to its system?

Thanks and Safe Travels
UPDATE: All restored and working correctly. Must have been an update..
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Seems like they do weird stuff with their back-end databases on the weekend more than during the week.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:03 am
RNE

Originally Posted by physioprof
Seems like they do weird stuff with their back-end databases on the weekend more than during the week.
And are wont to test in production.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.