Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Anyone else having trouble. I had just started the website and it was acting very flaky. Now I can't get the home page to load at all. I have tried different browsers, same result.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyone else having trouble. I had just started the website and it was acting very flaky. Now I can't get the home page to load at all. I have tried different browsers, same result.
Well, never mind. Seems OK now. Weird.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K & MM
Web site Meltdown Today?

I'm not normally one to think this way. However, I've had two separate experiences today that are leading me to this conclusion.

First, I tried to apply GPUs to a roundtrip to Europe in January. All I got in reply on the web was "Error, and a please go back" message. Ultimately, it offered me the phone number for web help and they were able to take care of me.

Just now, I tried to make a change to an ORD - BTV itinerary in a couple of weeks. Same message. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on. Especially on this one when I was most likely to have to pay to make the change.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Seriously hosed for me. Sometimes I can't get to my reservations at all, sometimes I get to the step where I see them all listed and then fail, sometimes I get to the point where I can see oneof them and then I fail...

Right now I was trying to add an RPU and I got all the way through to "continue" when I got the dreaded error.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
The "Error, please go back" error isn't new. I've seen it randomly since they switched over to the new website. If what I'm trying to do is available on the app, I usually just do it there and it works.

I have no RPUs or GPUs so its not just on upgrades.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
Currently I can not scroll sideways in the little airplane on the Select Seat page. It only displays the front of the plane. Both in FireFox and Chrome.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
UA Reservations Down 17 November

Unable to make a reservation on United.com.
On hold for 25 minutes on 1K line.
Is something going wrong today?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
My three credit cards have also disappeared from my United.com profile...
Anyone else having challenges?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Yep, it's 1:10pm PT right now - couldn't make a reservation online, all my credit cards in my profile are screwed up, and have been on hold with 1k line for 30 minutes.

No bueno.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I can't seem to look at my booked flights right now - web site seems very wonky.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Still very wonky. I can look at reservations but can't see options when I click through to change flights.

I also noticed that a fee to use miles to upgrade I processed yesterday hasn't shown up at my bank. The charge to the ticket itself (5 minutes earlier) has, but not the upgrade fee. Reservation itself is correct and miles were correctly debited.

A ticket booked for Mrs. Milepig using my miles yesterday wasn't linked to either of our accounts but I could find it by entering PNR. A call to UA went right through to the web help desk and they got that fixed up. I asked about the system generally, and the person just said that indeed they were having problems.

From my experience the issues are with .com, and the internal system is OK as agents are able to complete things I couldn't make work.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Been trying all day to just search for flights to Europe - every search bombs. This is different than the typical port performance day at .bomb - it's worse!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Still down. Can't book simple a round trip.

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-888-491-6573; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

What a crap "NEW" website UA came up with. Much worse than old site.

Unbelievable
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just successfully booked ORD-FRA-RAK.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I Broke united.com

Yesterday I booked a simple domestic round-trip on-line for mid-January. Going through the reservation steps, all looked good. I even got the first email with the PNR. But when I went to "My Reservations," it wasn't there in its usual pre-ticketing form.

I took the PNR and used the search function, and the reservation displayed. For dates "January 01, 0001." Both legs had this date, though the flights were correct. But using "Save to my account," it wouldn't.

I called the GS line, and the agent was able to replicate this! So she called Web support, and they said I broke united.com

This went on even after the trip ticketed. Finally, I had a nice GS agent who was able to fix it, by taking my MP number out and putting it back in

So I broke united.com, but now it's fixed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.