Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO 1K
previous thread: Which United Club (UC) at DEN? {Archive}

Concourse A
Located near Gate A25
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
Concourse B
East United Club is located between B43 and B44 - now open!
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
"United Club Fly" is open near B60. Club Fly is a 'grab-and-go' setup with food, drinks, and coffee. No alcohol is served.
  • 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily
West United Club is located between B31 and B32 - closed for renovation
Print Wikipost

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm guessing it will get the best scraps from all of the other renovated lounges.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I'm wondering if maybe they're considering turning it into a Polaris lounge. That would also assume that they would plan on vastly increasing the number of international flights out of Denver.
Unfortunately, no and no.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
Interesting thought - could they be planning to take half of one DEN club for Polaris, even part time ? Selling the Polaris concept and having an international flight without all the parts of it available keeps United just as inconsistent as it is currently.
Doesn't DEN have just one flight daily that would qualify for Polaris service? (DEN->NRT)?

Hard to believe they would invest the $ (and tied up real estate) to create a separate lounge for one flight a day.

More likely would be a small, sectioned off area of one of the clubs...maybe only for a couple of hours prior to that flight?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Doesn't DEN have just one flight daily that would qualify for Polaris service? (DEN->NRT)?

Hard to believe they would invest the $ (and tied up real estate) to create a separate lounge for one flight a day.

More likely would be a small, sectioned off area of one of the clubs...maybe only for a couple of hours prior to that flight?
That makes a lot of sense. Will Polaris lounges be available to *A business fliers? I'm thinking of the 2 Lufthansa flights each day out of Denver.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
That makes a lot of sense. Will Polaris lounges be available to *A business fliers? I'm thinking of the 2 Lufthansa flights each day out of Denver.
The LH flights operate from A, currently. Presumably they could be moved to B for departures, but they would occupy at least one, and maybe two widebody gates during a major push at DEN, where gate space is already at a premium. Also, I'm not sure three daily flights would be enough to justify a dedicated Polaris lounge. All of the proposed sites for Polaris lounges except LAX/HKG have at least 10 'qualifying' longhaul departures throughout the day. LAX will probably be available to p.s. customers as well (assuming United brands the p.s. BF service as Polaris, eventually) and HKG (run by a contractor) also has the benefit of serving a high volume of partner visits.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EWR764
The LH flights operate from A, currently. Presumably they could be moved to B for departures.
Can't see that happening since only A gates have access to customs, and LH would have to spend $ to tow/move a 747 and 333 to B every day.
Plus DIA just renovated A adding more international capable gates.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Can't see that happening since only A gates have access to customs, and LH would have to spend $ to tow/move a 747 and 333 to B every day.
Plus DIA just renovated A adding more international capable gates.
To be fair, at ORD, both LH and UA int'l arrive at T5, and then they are towed to the C concourse. Who pays for that?

But, yes, I can't imagine LH paying $ to having them towed in DEN. Plus, the other reasons you stated. I don't think UA would want LH to give up those gates.

What would be a better potential option would be somehow doing a UA Club announcement at T-20 to boarding, gathering everyone, then a tarmac transfer (by bus?) from B to the LH plane's gate.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
To be fair, at ORD, both LH and UA int'l arrive at T5, and then they are towed to the C concourse. Who pays for that?

But, yes, I can't imagine LH paying $ to having them towed in DEN. Plus, the other reasons you stated. I don't think UA would want LH to give up those gates.

What would be a better potential option would be somehow doing a UA Club announcement at T-20 to boarding, gathering everyone, then a tarmac transfer (by bus?) from B to the LH plane's gate.
All of the UA international arrivals get towed to B (there aren't that many of them), but I would agree that there is no reason for LH to pay and to drop access to the A gates that they use. I think that AC flies out of A so they don't have to tow their planes.

I've used the UC before DEN-FRA flights and it isn't a terrible trek. If you are connecting in DEN to a LH flight, you arrive in B anyway and can access the lounge prior to heading to the LH gate in A. LH used to give you access to the AA lounge if you were in C and then the BA lounge. Now it's just the UC.

I agree that a Polaris lounge makes no sense in DEN.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by tods27
I think that AC flies out of A so they don't have to tow their planes.
Yes, AC uses the A gates at DEN.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
West is better.
East still has old furniture and limited power. Both are offering comparable food and drink.
Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tods27
...and to drop access to the A gates that they use...
That wouldn't work because all international arrivals must disgorge their pax at A since that's the only way to get to immigration/customs.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Bonehead
That wouldn't work because all international arrivals must disgorge their pax at A since that's the only way to get to immigration/customs.
I was referring to using it as a departure gate.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously, how can you run out of tonic water? #FirstWorldProblems #TheStruggleIsReal

Besides that, Aubrey, the bartender, is an absolute rock star.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlanInDC
Not new. DEN has been at the bottom of the barrel of the United Clubs for some time.
Sad but true!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Seriously, how can you run out of tonic water? #FirstWorldProblems #TheStruggleIsReal
They were out of Sprite Zero when I was there a few weeks ago. Of course they didn't realize, and given Sprite is clear and thus looks exactly like straight soda water...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.