Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO 1K
previous thread: Which United Club (UC) at DEN? {Archive}

Concourse A
Located near Gate A25
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
Concourse B
East United Club is located between B43 and B44 - now open!
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
"United Club Fly" is open near B60. Club Fly is a 'grab-and-go' setup with food, drinks, and coffee. No alcohol is served.
  • 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily
West United Club is located between B31 and B32 - closed for renovation
Print Wikipost

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
I emailed the the UA United Club email address about the awful condition of the DEN East United Club after a recent visit and got an actual response back from the United Club email address saying that a renovation is being planned for the club but there wasn't a timeline in place for when it would start yet. The agent responded back saying they knew it was deteriorating but weren't aware that it was as bad it is and said they forwarded the concerns about the condition of the club and photos I provided on to upper management in hopes that it would prompt them to move it up on the priority list.

Perhaps UAInsider can help move this renovation up on the list
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
The agent responded back saying they knew it was deteriorating but weren't aware that it was as bad it is and said they forwarded the concerns about the condition of the club and photos I provided on to upper management in hopes that it would prompt them to move it up on the priority list.
Doesn't anybody at UA take pride in their work? Sheesh - what a dump.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by transportprof
Maybe they could do a furniture swap between the UC's in DEN and IAH, too?
You jest, but when I was in LGA shortly after the closure of JFK I noticed a bunch of new stuff and asked about it. I was told that the "new" furnishings had come from the JFK lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:14 am

I emailed the the UA United Club email address about the awful condition of the DEN East United Club after a recent visit and got an actual response back from the United Club email address saying that a renovation is being planned for the club but there wasn't a timeline in place for when it would start yet.
I don't understand why the budget or plan has to be all or nothing. A full remodel with a wall of trees (ala London), eggs and bacon, and power ports everywhere would be lovely.

But some fresh paint and replacing the furniture, (which as mentioned above is in worse condition than a lot of Goodwill stores will sell) wouldn't require a massive investment and could be completed in one day.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jamesdenver
I don't understand why the budget or plan has to be all or nothing. A full remodel with a wall of trees (ala London), eggs and bacon, and power ports everywhere would be lovely.

But some fresh paint and replacing the furniture, (which as mentioned above is in worse condition than a lot of Goodwill stores will sell) wouldn't require a massive investment and could be completed in one day.
It's probably because the furniture has deteriorated past the point that Goodwill, or an equivalent organization, would buy it off United for resale that the replacement is further delayed. Now they have to budget extra for the cost of a company like 1-800-GOT-JUNK to come and take the stuff to a landfill.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
I suspect the decision to renovate is being held up by some combination of:

1) Negotiations with DEN for gates/leases/fees/terminal space, etc. I think they don't need all of their gates anymore except at peak bank times and may be considering larger re-organizations, reducing the number of clubs, etc.

2) How much of a long term investment to make at DEN. The idea of downsizing it has been tossed around a lot as it is not 100% vital to the network. The drop in pricing power/demand at IAH may only be temporary. The long term goal may be to wait and see how much of an impact WN/F6 have on pricing at DEN before committing too much.

3) The united clubs run with a semi independent budget, it is possible they are diverting investment funds to other airports where they can sell more memberships, see more return, etc.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by johnden
2) How much of a long term investment to make at DEN. The idea of downsizing it has been tossed around a lot as it is not 100% vital to the network. The drop in pricing power/demand at IAH may only be temporary. The long term goal may be to wait and see how much of an impact WN/F6 have on pricing at DEN before committing too much.
You must have missed the memo on how UA is growing DEN and SFO, going flat at IAH and signed long term leases at DEN as well.

They need the club and will renovate it.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
You must have missed the memo on how UA is growing DEN and SFO, going flat at IAH and signed long term leases at DEN as well. They need the club and will renovate it.
Does UA really need two clubs here? It's one concourse, not like ORD with multiple concourses where you need a club in each. So some pax have to walk a little further. They could cut one lease and then DIA could lease the East Club space to Amex for the new Centurion Lounge. That will reduce a lot of the demand for UC seats, and membership.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
You must have missed the memo on how UA is growing DEN and SFO, going flat at IAH and signed long term leases at DEN as well.
The lease from 2014? That is already old and they gave back a bunch of unused space. Nothing prevents UA from re-negotiating and/or giving gates and space to other airlines, happens all the time.

IAH is down now, but I'm not sure I believe CO is ready to give up on the captive hub model they were running at EWR-IAH. If IAH bounces back and competition keeps eroding fares at DEN, anything is possible. Doubts about long term profitability and opportunity cost don't vanish overnight with a few repositioned flights during a oil industry downturn.

Also, UA can grow and maintain their lease terms by replacing more RJs with mainline flights and using less total gates, etc.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:25 am

I think the real hope is that the rumors of Amex building the next centurion lounge at DIA come true and that it 1) creates a real, usable lounge and 2) somehow makes united invest in at least one lounge to remain somewhat competitive...but not overly optimistic.
TAG4 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
they forwarded the concerns about the condition of the club and photos I provided on to upper management in hopes that it would prompt them to move it up on the priority list.
If only the czar knew! I find it hard to believe that United management doesn't stop by the clubs when transiting to see what's going on. Correct that, I find it hard to believe that upper management that has an interest in the company wouldn't already be stopping by.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Furniture still disintegrating?
I have a 3 hour connection next week, is either east or west less bad? No mobility issues and minimal luggage so don't care about a slightly longer walk. If it matters, in on 343 and out on 420
Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
West is better.
East still has old furniture and limited power. Both are offering comparable food and drink.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I'm wondering if maybe they're considering turning it into a Polaris lounge. That would also assume that they would plan on vastly increasing the number of international flights out of Denver.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I'm wondering if maybe they're considering turning it into a Polaris lounge. That would also assume that they would plan on vastly increasing the number of international flights out of Denver.
LOL. There's a better chance of seeing an Emirates Lounge at DIA before a Polaris Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.