Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Gate agent just announced this is "The First" Polaris flight! I guess all other flights since December 1 are just "quasi Polaris"...
Or this is a mulligan
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Mike Hanna, the VP Operations SFO did a short speech. He really hammered home the new spirit of United message more than anything. All about the reset and restoration of UA. Barely mentioned the new aircraft after his opening sentences! He did announce that everyone on board will be getting a bear. I wonder if the solitary person in the gate area after boarding is completed (me) might get one too? :-)

Gate agent just announced this is "The First" Polaris flight! I guess all other flights since December 1 are just "quasi Polaris"...
To be fair it is - first one with the fully revamped hard and soft product. Plus bear. There hasn't been and will never be a more complete Polaris flight. Enjoy!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 25, 2017 at 2:27 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
my screen doesn't load any previews and they can't find pjs and the FA answer is "we are learning like you", "first time in this plane", etc... nice training:-)
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Compromised avod. Being reset.

Gotta wonder. How much will it take for UA to get something right?

Mechanic said its normal and we are not Panasonic.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 25, 2017 at 2:26 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Mechanic said its normal and we are not Panasonic.
lol what does that mean ? normal in which universe ?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:01 pm

More importantly, did you get a bear? Does it look the same as the original one?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Please report on the inflight WiFi. When I was on one of these new planes EWR-SFO, it was extremely slow and just barely usable.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:12 pm

got a bear! can't tell if it's the same as it's my first. and L/XL PJs after asking to swap the S/M they initially gave without asking for size. entertainment system is still broken. seats 8 (and 7) seems pretty bad (I am in 5). the shoulder strap seat belt is uncomfortable
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:22 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
my screen doesn't load any previews and they can't find pjs and the FA answer is "we are learning like you", "first time in this plane", etc... nice training:-)
I was under the impression that the point of the domestic flights on the 77W was so the intl FA's/flight deck crew could be familiarized with the aircraft so when intl service started things would go without issues. Guess not if this is their first time on the plane!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Wifi seems ok. On it now. Got the bear and it's supposed to be new. Name is Ursa. Got the gel pillow. A must.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
And it's off! The new era of United business class has begun.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:27 pm

Thought I saw three new birds at SFO maintenance base. Is that possible? Actually Ursa is the best thing yet. A happy bear! More later into the flight.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Lol, I guess they were just practice.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
got a bear! can't tell if it's the same as it's my first. and L/XL PJs after asking to swap the S/M they initially gave without asking for size. entertainment system is still broken. seats 8 (and 7) seems pretty bad (I am in 5). the shoulder strap seat belt is uncomfortable
I miss pretty sure you can keep the shoulder strap off shortly after takeoff, even if the sign isn't off yet.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: All the programs!
@united tweets a photo showing the back of Ursa. Looks like J pax through 3/31 will get one.

Photo of inaugural SFO-HKG crew. Where's Oscar?

Last edited by oopl; Mar 25, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.