Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Question Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

I consider this flight on March 25 to be the first truly Polaris flight, although we have already experienced the meal enhancement, new amenity kit, soft products, etc, and shortly the domestic EWR-SFO-EWR runs with domestic amenity and meal services.

The International Flight on March 25 will be seen for the first time what UA has envisioned of the Polaris product.

Has anyone in this forum booked on this historical first international Polaris flight?

Does anyone expect UA to plan something special at SFO to launch this service on March 25?

Any inaugural souvenir expected from United?

For the record, I was just booked onto this flight.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jan 24, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Thanks fr fixing the flight info above! I'm nt booking a seat.

I would certainly expect UA to do something special for the flight.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jan 24, 2017 at 2:25 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
And the seating chart is loaded.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 24, 2017 at 4:05 pm Reason: cleanup after title correction
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I'm on the inaugrual to HKG. Also flying the same 77W into SFO from EWR for a Polaris-double dose.

I'm hoping they bring out the Polaris bears again for this flight
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
When is the first HKG-SFO flight? I might be heading from China to the US around that time. Would it be the 26th or 27th?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I am on UA869 25 March and UA 862 on the 27th in Polaris. I am so curious to get into this new Polaris seat. Also as another poster mentioned I am starting out from Newark. Grabbing dinner with my brother the night of the 26th in Hong Kong. Sounds like we will have some good Flyertalk crew to get pics. It's all about the seat!!! Thanks for the update UA Flyer

Adam
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Weatherboy

I'm hoping they bring out the Polaris bears again for this flight
I am hoping the same.

Originally Posted by stimpy
When is the first HKG-SFO flight? I might be heading from China to the US around that time. Would it be the 26th or 27th?
The first 77W Polaris flight from HK to SFO will be on March 27.

Originally Posted by adambrau
I am on UA869 25 March and UA 862 on the 27th in Polaris. I am so curious to get into this new Polaris seat. Also as another poster mentioned I am starting out from Newark. Grabbing dinner with my brother the night of the 26th in Hong Kong. Sounds like we will have some good Flyertalk crew to get pics. It's all about the seat!!! Thanks for the update UA Flyer

Adam
That is a quick turnaround!! I fly into SFO from EWR the day before the inaugural SFO-HKG Flight and have a quick 60 min transit in HK to an Air China flight after landing in HK.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jan 26, 2017 at 4:55 am
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
The first 77W Polaris flight from HK to SFO will be on March 27.
Thanks, I'll try for that one, but it's far to early for me to book. In case it gets sold out later, I assume that the new Polaris will continue every day, 7 days a week HKG-SFO?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

For the record, I was just booked onto this flight.
Great! See you there - myself and my SO are booked onto this flight. Spending a vacation in Japan and decided to route through HKG on this flight.

I was one of the 20 customers that worked on the seat design and test flights for 2 years, so very excited to see this come to life!!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:19 pm

You guys are going to be late to the party. Fobes has a time traveler named Bill Springer as there was a article posted on Forbes this morning titled What's A 16-Hour-Long Flight In United Airline's New Polaris Business Class Really Like? In which Bill sang praises about the new Polaris service and the new seat complete with pictures. The writer supposedly flew EWR-HKG.

Looks like the paid article was posted by mistake on 1/27 instead of 3/27
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Here2There
You guys are going to be late to the party. Fobes has a time traveler named Bill Springer as there was a article posted on Forbes this morning titled What's A 16-Hour-Long Flight In United Airline's New Polaris Business Class Really Like? In which Bill sang praises about the new Polaris service and the new seat complete with pictures. The writer supposedly flew EWR-HKG.

Discussion of now-removed article in United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 27, 2017 at 10:47 pm Reason: second link
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by Here2There

We're all having to check news sources these days! I will strive to be at this party, 25th of March or the raincheck. I check this reservation 2x per day!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
[L]ooking forward to trip reports from that flight here. I can't make it, and if I had the time, I would be in Economics (plus) and sadly that new plane is on my personal no fly list for Economy trips.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 2017 at 10:23 am Reason: OT / OMNI content delete - let's stay to the UA / HKG flight related issues
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott (Plat Premier, LT Plat)
excited!!

I've never done mileage runs in the past nor have I ever done crazy trips like flying half way around the world for a day.. Well, all that changes now.. l am on both inaugural Intl flights on the 773. I still think what I'm doing is absolutely mental BUT I'm super excited. Will let you guys know about UA's new big metal bird!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by milepig
And the seating chart is loaded.
Looks like most of the front cabin is already full. Quite likely those of you flying on this one will see some bloggers/press on it.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.