Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm not sure that JV matters much. Even flights to Paris UA has the roughly the same business class prices as their flights to Germany. There's no JV with Air France. Unless LH claims all of Europe?

The one route that I see UA offer decent pricing on is LAX-Japan where they have exactly the same fare as AA, but a lower fare than NH or JL. I guess there is no JV pricing control with NH?
I often see UA being cheaper than NH on US-Japan. And when bought from a third party site (such as Kayak) either direct, or as part of a connection, UA is nearly always cheaper.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by spin88
I often see UA being cheaper than NH on US-Japan. And when bought from a third party site (such as Kayak) either direct, or as part of a connection, UA is nearly always cheaper.
Is this in J? I often see the same price in Y, even for the HND flights.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The one route that I see UA offer decent pricing on is LAX-Japan where they have exactly the same fare as AA, but a lower fare than NH or JL. I guess there is no JV pricing control with NH?
Originally Posted by spin88
I often see UA being cheaper than NH on US-Japan.
When you see price differences between UA and NH on JV routes, it's due to inventory constraints. E.g., UA is selling a P, and NH is not.

Last edited by Kacee; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:45 pm
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
I am on the return flight (apr 3 ua 862 to sfo) and 1 week later, the entertainment system is still broken exactly the same way! what the heck united... "they cannot fix it"
said the pursuer...

9A is indeed a much better seat (though hopefully won't be too noisy)

edit: engine noise is strong in the 2nd half of the polaris cabin

Last edited by FrenchCaliFlyer; Apr 2, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
I am on the return flight (apr 3 ua 862 to sfo) and 1 week later, the entertainment system is still broken exactly the same way! what the heck united... "they cannot fix it"
said the pursuer...
Let's see. In the last 30 years, I've bought 5 televisions, 5 desktop computers, 3 IPads, 2 DVD players, 2 VHS players, 2 DVRs and had issued to me 4 Blackberries and 2 IPhones. Oh, and 2 cars with satellite navigation. Every one of those items worked out of the box. Seamlessly. No returns or repairs needed.

What is it about AVOD that makes it so hard to get to work when it is new?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I'm not sure that JV matters much. Even flights to Paris UA has the roughly the same business class prices as their flights to Germany. There's no JV with Air France. Unless LH claims all of Europe?
The LH/UA JV (and therefore related revenue share) covers flights to/from Europe not just those routed through LH group hubs.

Both JVs are focused more on revenue sharing and coordination. Decision to have differentiated pricing would presumably be a strategy determined at the partner level since revenue is shared from both the more expensive NH and the less expensive UA flight. I believe​ both JVs are completely revenue neutral over the Atlantic and Pacific respectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.