Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is on the First Polaris International Flight SFO-HKG on March 25?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Inaugural Polaris international flight: SFO-HKG Sat March 25th 2017

Some chat about it has been buried in various comments of old threads but I don't see a thread for the first official commercial international flight of the new Polaris hard product (777-300ER) this coming Saturday 25th : SFO-HKG at 1pm

I'll be on it and will post about the experience.

I'm hoping for goodies. Who else is on the flight ?

Does SFO have an international "Polaris" lounge that is different/better than the United Club (I was at the united club in t3 near gate 70 last weekend and it looked nicer but the food and drinks were bad and it was also crowded) - will they send us to the GF lounge?

Are we getting special goodies for this flight ?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC
I looked up the flight status for the first flight on Saturday and though the seatmap shows the correct aircraft, under aircraft information it says it is being operated by an ATR-72...... That's a lot of refueling stops.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
.... Does SFO have an international "Polaris" lounge that is different/better than the United Club ....
No yet, under construction.

Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
.... will they send us to the GF lounge? ....
No experiences yet.
Due to the construction for the SFO Polaris lounge, space is tight and some overflow is being sent to GFL. That might be limited to higher UA elites or the crowding situation.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Anything special for the final 747 flights?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Anything special for the final 747 flights?
Still 6 months away - This is a topic for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2017-a-15.html
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Still 6 months away - This is a topic for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2017-a-15.html
thanks

i meant specifically the last SFO-HKG turns on the 747. That has been been in place since at least 1999 if not earlier as part of UA 1/2 RTW. A real legacy of awesome.

seats 15a/b upper deck barcaloungers FTW!

folks on the new aircraft in Polaris SFO-HKG - enjoy!!! Hopefully it lives up to the billing!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
thanks

i meant specifically the last SFO-HKG turns on the 747. That has been been in place since at least 1999 if not earlier as part of UA 1/2 RTW. A real legacy of awesome.

seats 15a/b upper deck barcaloungers FTW!

folks on the new aircraft in Polaris SFO-HKG - enjoy!!! Hopefully it lives up to the billing!
I'll echo this question. I'm upstairs on tomorrow's HKG-SFO, which I think is the last voyage of this 744 on this route. I'm hoping the flight crew will come out and join us sentimental pax for a send-off drink ...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Tried to check-in for the inaugural but couldn't online. Called-in the GS line to see if there were any problems with my reservation; she said my reservation is OK, but the system to process check-in appears to be down.

Hope this is the only hiccup with tomorrow's flight
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
^Actually, that AC/that route are more than 30 years old, after UA took over Pan Am's TPAC routes.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
There were 742s and SPs inherited from Pan Am, so the meaningful milestone for this Sunday morning's departure would be the 744s which started 1989/90.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ghurwitz
I'll echo this question. I'm upstairs on tomorrow's HKG-SFO, which I think is the last voyage of this 744 on this route. I'm hoping the flight crew will come out and join us sentimental pax for a send-off drink ...
Hey I just wanted to tell you that there will definitely be some misty eyes on that last flight for the crew. I was on UA869, then 862 a couple weeks ago in 1K and the crew members were already taking pictures near the stairs and cockpit with each other. They were all appreciative of the 744 that we were on.
One particular FA said that she wasn't looking forward to how small the new 777 feels, and how packed economy was going to be in that configuration on such a long flight.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ghurwitz
I'm hoping the flight crew will come out and join us sentimental pax for a send-off drink ...
Probably not!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Tried to check-in for the inaugural but couldn't online. Called-in the GS line to see if there were any problems with my reservation; she said my reservation is OK, but the system to process check-in appears to be down.

Hope this is the only hiccup with tomorrow's flight
isn't check in on united 24h before departure - try again now ?

I just checked in - somehow couldn't check in my next leg which I did directly with the carrier (CX)
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have just checked in for tomorrow's inaugural "true" Polaris flight.

looking forward to it.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have just checked in for tomorrow's inaugural "true" Polaris flight.

looking forward to it.
Have a good flight! Looking forward to updates from FTers on this inaugural.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.