Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:52 am
  #61  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 21,343
Originally Posted by Denguin
I'm not quite sure - it seems so. I received a schedule change notification last night that UA 8509 (return leg) was affected by a change, UA 8601 (outbound leg) was showing as unaffected and still proceeding as originally scheduled. Just checked again this morning, and UA 8601 has vanished from my itinerary, and is no longer available on UA's website. AC is still running the flight at the same time, but it looks like they've changed the flight number, as it'll be now operated by their regional airline Jazz. I still have not received any correspondence from UA about any changes to UA 8601.
The change of carrier is going to require UA to use a new flight number if they want to codeshare it. (AFAIK, they don't codeshare every trans-border AC flight). So, it's likely that nobody at UA has noticed yet. Give them a couple of days to see what happens.

You might be able to get an agent to put you onto the AC coded flight if you want it, although they may need inventory in your original fare class to do so.
SPN Lifer and Denguin like this.
jsloan is online now  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:55 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 141
Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Does UA not codeshare with Jazz flights? I'm guessing if you call, you can get back onto your original flight with an AC flight number instead of UA.
UA does codeshare with AC Jazz, but I'm not sure if they code share every single flight. To my knowledge, there has always been full codeshare availability on YVR-SFO between the two carriers, ever since they came out with that agreement to boost codeshare availability. 2 out of the remaining 3 flights operated by Jazz are showing on UA's website. Just this 1:10 pm departure has vanished entirely.

I didn't realize UA would have the power to offer me an AC flight number/ticket. Wasn't sure if they'd be able to even entertain such an ask. I will give that a try if this doesn't resolve on its own, thanks.

Originally Posted by jsloan
The change of carrier is going to require UA to use a new flight number if they want to codeshare it. (AFAIK, they don't codeshare every trans-border AC flight). So, it's likely that nobody at UA has noticed yet. Give them a couple of days to see what happens.

You might be able to get an agent to put you onto the AC coded flight if you want it, although they may need inventory in your original fare class to do so.
Makes sense. I will sit on my hands for a bit and see what happens, and will try asking to be booked on an AC flight number if nothing happens.


Cheers!
jsloan likes this.
Denguin is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:01 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,582
Originally Posted by Denguin

I didn't realize UA would have the power to offer me an AC flight number/ticket. Wasn't sure if they'd be able to even entertain such an ask. I will give that a try if this doesn't resolve on its own, thanks.
Yep. You can have flights operated (and marketed) by other airlines on 016 tickets. I've never personally booked one/changed to one, but it's certainly a thing that happens.
jsloan and Denguin like this.
JayhawkCO is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:23 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Yep. You can have flights operated (and marketed) by other airlines on 016 tickets. I've never personally booked one/changed to one, but it's certainly a thing that happens.
Will report back if it ends up going that route - thanks!

Ya'll don't have it too bad down in the US of A. All major US carriers I've infrequently dealt with have been super flexible and accommodating for airline-initiated schedule changes. Up north, we can't even get re-protected on alternative flights on the same airline for schedule changes up to 3 hours for AC, or 9 hours for WestJet. Have recently had an 8.5 hour schedule change that made me depart one day earlier with the latter, and they basically told me to f myself.
jsloan likes this.
Denguin is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:25 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,582
Originally Posted by Denguin
Will report back if it ends up going that route - thanks!

Ya'll don't have it too bad down in the US of A. All major US carriers I've infrequently dealt with have been super flexible and accommodating for airline-initiated schedule changes. Up north, we can't even get re-protected on alternative flights on the same airline for schedule changes up to 3 hours for AC, or 9 hours for WestJet. Have recently had an 8.5 hour schedule change that made me depart one day earlier with the latter, and they basically told me to f myself.
Yeah, but healthcare. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.
zipadeedoodah, VRFast and Denguin like this.
JayhawkCO is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:28 pm
  #66  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,748
Originally Posted by angetenar
Originally Posted by Denguin
My ticket has now vanished without any new flight options
What does this mean? Did UA cancel your flight? Was this a cash ticket or award?
Just to be clear, AC canceled the flight, not UA. UA now needs to work with AC to change your booking to the new, replacement AC flight (AC CRJs are operated Jazz). As mentioned, that may be done automatically in a few days or may require a call.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and Denguin like this.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:38 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM
Posts: 383
looked like UA and AC are shuffling their codeshare flights this morning. It also happened to my SFO-Toronto flights in August. UA AM flight disappeared or was replaced with AC.
Row3Acer is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:09 pm
  #68  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: LAX
Programs: UA
Posts: 1,529
Maybe related to the AC-UA transborder JV moving along?
angetenar is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:11 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 479
Originally Posted by purdue1015
Hi Guys,

Need advice for a schedule change going back to USA from NZ. It appears SYD IAH on UA metal was stopped???

Have a revenue J (non mixed cabin) ticket for P2 and I was CHC SYD IAH HOM (midwestern non hub home) but now added in leg CHC SYD LAX IAH HOM.

It appears there is no longer any 2 stops routings on UA metal.

Now…my stupid questions (I’m inexperienced international traveling…still learning).

1) Can I be put on NZ metal? They do have a 2 stop route. AKL IAH in 773. Would like to maximize PQP.

2) It appears I have to stay with origin right? Would also be open to flights nearby ex ZQN but that admittedly doesn’t seem to offer markedly better routing.

3) Am not familiar with UA premium trans con. Would love lay flat seats for domestic leg. However I believe lay flat is only SFO/LAX to EWR/IAD…right? NOT SFO/LAX—ORD/IAH? In those cases it appears to be 753 or 772 high J. Probably prefer not to backtrack to HOM.

Ultimately my wife may be pregnant during this time so just trying to ensure she can be as comfortable as she can.

Thank you all for your help!
Hi All,

Ended up accepting reroute on UA metal. I did not have luck getting NZ and was just too busy to keep at it.

Have a bucket list goal of flying EK A380 F. I recently discovered they fly CHC SYD.

Our current UA revenue itinerary is CHC SYD LAX IAH HOM (midwestern USA non hub home). First leg on QF, all else UA metal.

What are the chances I could get UA to cancel just that first leg on QF CHC SYD and keep the rest of our itinerary the same?

I know I already accepted a reroute related to the seasonal discontinuation of SYD IAH. Would that give me any ground to ask for yet another change i.e., cancelation of the first leg?

I would love to fly EK F and this might be one of the only realistic chances I have to do so anytime soon. I suspect cancelation of my first leg (even if no refund for that leg) would subject me to repricing because that would be new ex SYD and not CHC, right?

Need to get home from NZ in lie flat seats. Would happily spend some extra cash for a EK F CHC SYD leg if I can somehow work it out.

Thoughts?
purdue1015 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:33 pm
  #70  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Posts: 52,116
Originally Posted by Row3Acer
looked like UA and AC are shuffling their codeshare flights this morning.
Don't trust United for these schedules. I booked an SFO-YVR codeshare flight two days ago and got a schedule change note today. This would be fine, but the schedule didn't actually change. AC didn't actually change anything - United is (still) selling the wrong schedule. I caution anyone booking an AC-operated flight to check the schedule on the AC website before booking.
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:02 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: YVR
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 975
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Don't trust United for these schedules. I booked an SFO-YVR codeshare flight two days ago and got a schedule change note today. This would be fine, but the schedule didn't actually change. AC didn't actually change anything - United is (still) selling the wrong schedule. I caution anyone booking an AC-operated flight to check the schedule on the AC website before booking.
I've been getting those a lot with calling in. Saw award bookings with AC segments that are right on the UA site (verified by checking AC site) only to have agent tell me those flights either don't exist or the times are incorrect
kevflyer is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:05 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Yeah, but healthcare. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just to be clear, AC canceled the flight, not UA. UA now needs to work with AC to change your booking to the new, replacement AC flight (AC CRJs are operated Jazz). As mentioned, that may be done automatically in a few days or may require a call.
Originally Posted by jsloan
The change of carrier is going to require UA to use a new flight number if they want to codeshare it. (AFAIK, they don't codeshare every trans-border AC flight). So, it's likely that nobody at UA has noticed yet. Give them a couple of days to see what happens.

You might be able to get an agent to put you onto the AC coded flight if you want it, although they may need inventory in your original fare class to do so.
So, the AC flight with the same departure time as I was previously booked on, but now operated by Jazz, had seemingly showed up on UA's website when I checked last night, so clearly just took some time for them to input it into the system and assign a different flight number. Waited to see if I would receive an updated itinerary for the rest of the day, but the outbound leg was still nowhere to be seen, so I decided to call in tonight to see what was up. Well, it was a struggle... but I eventually got there.

The agent was super confused by the flight history and why the outbound leg simply just vanished, but gracefully offered to re-accommodate me on another flight... flown on UA metal only. She was adamant that I could not be re-accommodated on any code-share partner, despite my attempts to convince her I was initially booked on an AC-operated flight, and that the flight I initially booked had been replaced by a new flight number due to the operator now being AC Jazz.

Was going to call it quits and just HUCA, but she decided to put me on hold right before I was going to throw in the towel, presumably to double check what could be done. 15 minutes of silence, and it ended up being done.

Thanks all for your advice/help. Not sure if it would've eventually just worked itself out, but seemingly UA's system doesn't quite handle such changes so smoothly.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Denguin is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2023, 9:57 am
  #73  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 343
Booked a RT in Nov. Both my departing and returning flights were canceled by United and we were automatically rebooked to a less convenient option several hours earlier. After the cancellations, I apparently used the change waiver in adjusting the returning flight by a day, even though the new flight cost less than our original one meaning we got a travel credit.

Within the last day or two, United added a departure flight (different flight number) very close to the time of our original departure flight. Called in and asked United to waive the fare difference (200ish per person) since we were originally booked on a departure flight around that time. The agent had to escalate to a supervisor but was able to do it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Clemson is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:01 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM
Posts: 383
Always appreciated for the warning. Had checked my flights to YYZ in August, so far so good. Now hope the better schedules won't be changed.
Row3Acer is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2023, 3:54 pm
  #75  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Posts: 52,116
Today's "schedule change" was just a flight number change, and it did indeed trigger the "one-time free change" flag.
SPN Lifer likes this.
mahasamatman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.