Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1M, AA EXP
UA 15 (EWR to HNL) on March 13

Today's Newark flight to Honolulu diverted to SFO, then SFO leg to HNL cancelled. Reason? MX...
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC 25K
LAX-SFO UA 460 on 3/13

May I ask if someone knows why this flight was delayed?

It seems like the incoming flight was 1h43 minutes late UA 744 from DEN. Weather in DEN seems fine, and incoming flight to DEN was only late by about 30 minutes.

I think I saw on the agents screen that it was MX, but he said weather.

Cheers!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by jlionw
May I ask if someone knows why this flight was delayed?

It seems like the incoming flight was 1h43 minutes late UA 744 from DEN. Weather in DEN seems fine, and incoming flight to DEN was only late by about 30 minutes.

I think I saw on the agents screen that it was MX, but he said weather.
There had been multiple Ground Delay Programs at LAX today due to continuing all-day dense fog.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jlionw
may i ask if someone knows why this flight was delayed?

It seems like the incoming flight was 1h43 minutes late ua 744 from den. Weather in den seems fine, and incoming flight to den was only late by about 30 minutes.

I think i saw on the agents screen that it was mx, but he said weather.

Cheers!
Looks like your glimpse was correct, although as HkCaGu notes, there was a ground delay at LAX.

Code:
0460/13MAR
P LAX/OUT 623P L01.43 ☨
P LAX/OFF 657P
P SFO/ON 749P
P SFO/IN 751P L01.43 ☨
D FCF/*MAINT DELAY*
D HDQ/LAX SFO PROT UNDER GG CN2 N58
App status shows UA460 as late due to incoming aircraft and UA744 as late due to MX.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Was on (UA497 ewr-sfo). As you may have heard, one of the pilots announced on the PA that the missing pilot was put on the schedule last night, but was somehow not notified. *facepalm*
Missed my connection in SFO of course.

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 27, 2017 at 4:14 pm Reason: Removed deleted quote and added flight info that was in quote.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Wife's DFW-EWR flight delayed 2+ hours...high winds in NYC area are causing problems.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
has anyone been experiencing massive delays flying into EWR in the past month?

My Thursday flights to EWR has never been on time or generally cancelled.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 25, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
has anyone been experiencing massive delays flying into EWR in the past month?

My Thursday flights to EWR has never been on time or generally cancelled.
Mailine or UX?

EWR has had some recent weather issues but systemwide numbers delays and cancellation have been pretty stable (and pretty consistent with competition) for awhile.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
UX into EWR (specifically Commutair) is by far the least reliable. Going back through my notes, I am less than 40% on time, with most of the 60% cancelled for mx, or delayed 4+ hours for mx. I have had far better luck on ERJ and CRJ going in and out of EWR... avoid Commutair (Q200/300) aircraft at all cost, even if it means flying into a nearby airport to get on a CRJ/ERJ. I will fly into SYR instead of ITH from now on for exactly this reason.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Last night's 4571 hasn't left ORD yet (and neither have I). Boarded on time, then got notified they had a maintaince issue they were needing to fix and it would be a little while, followed 30 minutes later by an announcement that they needed a part and the flight would be delayed until 9:30am this morning.

Waited at the gate for food and hotel voucher (lucky I got the O'Hare Hilton so only had to walk a little, others got off site hotels). Back here this morning, wander over to the gate at 9, to be notified the departure has been pushed back till 11am.

The question is, how many more times will they push it back or will they just cancel. I'll put money on either of those outcomes before I'd bet that we leave at 11am.

Edit: Still in ORD, delay at 13 hours and counting.

Last edited by swiftaw; Mar 27, 2017 at 10:39 am
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Not a specific delay, but I just learned SFO is paving 28L and will have it shut down every weekend until June (from 1800 Friday to 1200 Monday). That means they're down to single acceptance on 28R and expect delays (have already been seeing them) as if it were foggy due to the GDP.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Not a specific delay, but I just learned SFO is paving 28L and will have it shut down every weekend until June (from 1800 Friday to 1200 Monday). That means they're down to single acceptance on 28R and expect delays (have already been seeing them) as if it were foggy due to the GDP.
This news might merit its own thread. How long does it take to resurface a runway? Eight weekends sounds a bit slow pace for an airfield with such demands on its infrastructure.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:47 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
This news might merit its own thread. How long does it take to resurface a runway? Eight weekends sounds a bit slow pace for an airfield with such demands on its infrastructure.
There is an SF forum discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...-9-2017-a.html

It is unfortunate that the work has to continue into Monday mornings, at the peak time. But I suppose it has to do with concrete setting or something like that.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Anyone think there's likely to be problems flying out of EWR on Thursday? Forecast is showing 100% chance of rain and thunderstorms. Today turned out to be less bad than forecasted, but still caused decent delays.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Anyone think there's likely to be problems flying out of EWR on Thursday? Forecast is showing 100% chance of rain and thunderstorms. Today turned out to be less bad than forecasted, but still caused decent delays.
At EWR now and doesn't appear to be too bad here.

I am trying to fly to ORD and was surprised to see the 8AM departure delayed until 9AM due to ATC. It is a 777, which I thought would be at the top of the priority list.

Seems to be ORD issue though. From FAA site:

Due to WEATHER / WIND, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Chicago OHare International Airport, Chicago, IL (ORD). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 4 hours and 10 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
**Added: And now the 777 is 4 hours delayed...now leaving at Noon.
Must be some wicked wind in Chicago.

Last edited by goodeats21; Apr 6, 2017 at 5:59 am Reason: added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.