Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First/PP at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD)

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First/PP at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 3, 19, 4:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 19, 2:57 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
AUS-DEN-BZN tomorrow (Saturday Feb 16th)

Before checkin
AUS - DEN $141
DEN - BZN $125

At check in
AUS - DEN $89
DEN - BZN $69

Declined and cleared AUS-DEN but 8 people bought DEN-BZN and I am number 2 with 2 seats left
Old Feb 15, 19, 8:45 pm

For flights in about a month:

Before check-in: BOS-IAD $369
IAD-BOS $369

Y class flexible (gov fare)
I've had $89 & $149 offers on this route over the last year, but this trip seems to be much higher and cabins don't look very full (>75% available)
Old Feb 15, 19, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by c5ruzr View Post
For flights in about a month:

Before check-in: BOS-IAD $369
IAD-BOS $369
That looks like a pretty bad deal for a 90 min flight.
Old Feb 16, 19, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Booked yesterday HNL-SFO-YYC - both HNL-SFO and SFO-HNL were $309 buyups, so bit on both ways, booking F direct was far more - I don't see them going lower. SFO-YYC was $159 but FC wide open so should get CPU, YYC-SFO has no FC for the flight I have.
Old Feb 17, 19, 3:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Traveling with wife on separate tickets TUS-IAH-PNS:

On reward ticket offered upgrade at check-in $245 TUS-IAH (upgraded at gate), was upgraded on IAH-PNS 4 days out

Wife, no status, on paid G fare was offered upgrades at check-in at $195 TUS-IAH, $69 IAH-PNS
Old Feb 17, 19, 5:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Old Gold View Post
Traveling with wife on separate tickets TUS-IAH-PNS:

On reward ticket offered upgrade at check-in $245 TUS-IAH (upgraded at gate), was upgraded on IAH-PNS 4 days out

Wife, no status, on paid G fare was offered upgrades at check-in at $195 TUS-IAH, $69 IAH-PNS
Did she take either buy up offer? If not, did you give her your seats?

David
Old Feb 17, 19, 8:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
The upgrade offers were rejected. She took my seat on the first flight, a companion upgrade on the second.
Old Feb 25, 19, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Buying a ticket for my mom, I just ran into a surprisingly cheap $1142 offer to upgrade from PE to Polaris SFO-FRA. The fare differential was at least $2500.
tstauck likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
UA subbed in an E170 on a segment which had been E145.

My offer, on a Z fare with the E145 segment in W: $974

My wife's offer, on a XN award ticket: $1174 (for comparison, they were only asking $274 for the longer 752 segment with lie-flat J).

​​​​​​
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
SFO-EWR

Rebooked into U on SFO-FRA-xxx due to irrops (W originally) and was offered $649 for SFO-FRA today (Friday Mar 1). This is for the evening 6:50pm departure. Almost took it but decided to wait as it was P1 and I had a GPU waitlisted. Luckily PN/PZ opened up shortly after and I cleared.
Markie, Aussienarelle and tstauck like this.
Old Mar 1, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by iloveipods View Post
Rebooked into U on SFO-FRA-xxx due to irrops (W originally) and was offered $649 for SFO-FRA today (Friday Mar 1). This is for the evening 6:50pm departure. Almost took it but decided to wait as it was P1 and I had a GPU waitlisted. Luckily PN/PZ opened up shortly after and I cleared.
That takes nerves of steel
Old Mar 5, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Update

Originally Posted by FeiTaipei View Post
Just an update, all these are member without status:

SNA-EWR was on L fare
SNA-IAH for 12/25 was $184 and never dropped or moved even on OLCI (on L fare)
SNA-SFO $125 on G fare (was part of a routing to YYZ) (had a buddy on separate ticket/fare code with *G status with same offer)
YYZ-ORD $112 on T fare (had a buddy on separate ticket/fare code with *G status with same offer)
ORD-SNA jumped to $261 (also was at $460+ a few days ago) on T fare (had a buddy on separate ticket/fare code with *G status with same offer)
ORD-SNA went back to 216 and stayed there till T-1.
Old Mar 5, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
TPE trip

SFO-TPE and return was $4171 one way, original tix booked in L class. It has fluctuated $2,400-7,171. Today I saw a good price for Premium Plus on the return and re-booked it on the phone with UA Agent for $226 (Though price did go down $50 into K fare) An emergency row seat was $244 (no status), so to me it was worth changing to the R fare, now I'm in B fare for SFO-SNA.

Now I see an interesting deal, $2402 for SFO-TPE upgrade to Polaris Business, and $1805 for return (I am now on R class fare for the return). Given Polaris Business was around $1716 or so each way if I re-book to the higher fare class, I declined both the upsell and to re-book to a higher fare class. I'm still about 2 weeks from my first leg so figured a better deal would be coming, though tempting.

SNA-SFO and back were $104, though it has fluctuated to $138 at times (from L fare).
Old Mar 5, 19, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Bought FLL-IAH-SNA in coach for $289, cost $89 after applying my $200 Pajamagate ETC - offered IAH-SNA after-purchase-upgrade at $185, although ironically FLL-IAH was priced at almost $300.

Decided to take IAH-SNA offer for a 3.5hr flight since I'm no worse off after the ETC, and I'll get some bonus PQM as it booked into P class.
Old Mar 5, 19, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA
ORD to PEK 1600 to PEK and 1350 on the way back, tempted to snag it for the return trip

Search this Thread