Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I was at the UC at LAX this Sunday ( Dec 6 ) and could verify that outdoor dining was open between 11:00-13:30 ( 11:00am-1:30pm ).
Also every 30 minutes, there was an announcement made from the loudspeaker as the following:
Due to LA County Health recommendations, no indoor consumption of food & beverages is allowed and all food & beverages should be consumed at our outdoor patio.

Seating at the outdoor patio was limited to 20 minutes per person but when there were empty tables and nobody was in line, you could have sat there longer.
Thanks for sharing.

Just noting for clarity, the order went into effect end of Sunday (23:59).
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
...the order went into effect end of Sunday (23:59).
I assume we don't have to leave California airspace before I can get a rum and coke between SFO and LAS
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I assume we don't have to leave California airspace before I can get a rum and coke between SFO and LAS
You can even get a rum and coke between SFO and LAX (in the air)! Thankfully Newsom has not set his sights that high thus far.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
You can even get a rum and coke between SFO and LAX (in the air)! Thankfully Newsom has not set his sights that high thus far.
Shhh!
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
At LAX UC, are the small single "offices"/phone desks available to use during el pandemic?

David
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The single office/phone desks which are located across customer services were open on 6 December. ( LAX )
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The single office/phone desks which are located across customer services were open on 6 December. ( LAX )
Were you (or was anyone) allowed to eat/drink in those?

David
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DELee
No you cannot bring F&B anywhere near there. All the F&B is served at the bar and they watch you walk it out to the patio.

You could maybe sneak your own stuff in the phone booth though. But you'd be breaking the UC rules. I won't try to figure out if you are breaking any actual laws though. I'm not sure if anyone truly knows for that circumstance.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

David
I didn't use them and all of them were empty when I went to that part of the lounge.
However, as stimpy mentioned, the staff are really strict about food/beverages should be consumed at the outdoor patio.

Other than some people drinking water indoor, I didn't see anyone not complying with the rule.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
No you cannot bring F&B anywhere near there. All the F&B is served at the bar and they watch you walk it out to the patio.

You could maybe sneak your own stuff in the phone booth though. But you'd be breaking the UC rules. I won't try to figure out if you are breaking any actual laws though. I'm not sure if anyone truly knows for that circumstance.
I didn't use them and all of them were empty when I went to that part of the lounge.
However, as stimpy mentioned, the staff are really strict about food/beverages should be consumed at the outdoor patio.

Other than some people drinking water indoor, I didn't see anyone not complying with the rule.
Ah well, guess you can only use those rooms for business. They've always been my goto places in all of the updated UCs (LAX, ORD B6, EWR A, BOS, etc.) to work after dropping off stuff and grabbing food/drink.

And you're self social distancing with hard walls and doors.

David
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:34 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by narvik
Was/is he an accountant? That's a pretty precise statement.
I think you'll find even a bartender will take the time to do the math when it comes to their earnings.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Do the new tight stringent rules also apply to taking a sip of water from your own bottle (or theirs)? Take it to the patio or outside?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX UC in the current stages of CV-19 (04/09/21 between 11:20 AM and 12:00 Noon):

A bit depressing.

Anyway, here's what I got/asked for at the bar since that's where food is currently kept:

Had to augment the Coke with my own plastic tubular device:

And, if you've kept up with this photo sequence, a special hello from Bruce to all of his FT fans:

David
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
^ That was what it looked like when I was there a few weeks ago. All the food and drinks were at the bar and handled by the bartender. I was there in the afternoon and it got more crowded as the afternoon rolled toward 5-6 p.m. They did have some pre-wrapped sandwiches at "dinner" hours. With the relaxations, nobody went around telling you to eat outside on the patio, you were fine to take off your mask when eating.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

And, if you've kept up with this photo sequence, a special hello from Bruce to all of his FT

David
Hello Bruce! Always the best! Thanks David.
SPN Lifer and rch4u like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.