Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
...2. Evening food offerings were terribly sparse and completely uncompetitive with DL....
Different model. Delta is running a one-size-fits-all model. A little bit better food, but Delta's long-haul Premium cabin customers aren't treated to something better. UA has a barer-bones UC, but premium long-haul customers will have access to Polaris lounges, which will be better than any SkyClub.

You have to admit the UC offerings are better than what they used to be...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Sounds like the UC could be a nice place to get a pre-flight drink. I'll still frequent the *A lounge in TBIT for a meal and shower facilities, but then maybe head back to T7 earlier than in past years for a drink at the UC.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Defendem
One minor complaint, it would be nice if United offered larger soda cups for those of us who don't drink. It would be nice to be able to pour a 16 oz. Diet Cherry-Vanilla Dr. Pepper from the fancy new machines...just saying.
Ask for a beer glass. I do this all the time in AC lounges. ^

My first visit this morning to the new UC: Wow! It's beautiful. There are electric sockets everywhere, it's spacious and, as mentioned, the outdoor deck is superb.

I arrived 4:40am for the 6:00am LAX-EWR P.S. flight and it was about 10% full; plenty of staff and good morning options (fruit, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, soda). No hot options but I wasn't expecting a full english breakfast from United

Lots of happy guests exploring and trying out the food & drink options. I really like this place a lot; including the nice escalator intro which really makes the entrance quite fun. The views are excellent (I also saw the sign touting views of Hollywood, LA, etc).

Definitely reminded me of the UC in LHR (without the fantastic food). I was in EWR-Term A UC last week and was pleasantly surprised too. Anyone else feeling a certain sense of pride in UA and "things are on the up" when you see these lounges? ^^^
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
I use the LAX club multiple times weekly, I am very happy with the product and the huge leap forward vs old club rooms.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Here for the 1st time now and love the space and the windows. Wish the food were better.

Internet is 100 mbs down. Impressive.

It's 80 degrees on the terrace for those who were wondering
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's 80 degrees on the terrace for those who were wondering
I was sad to leave the terrace this morning, especially looking at LA's forecast! :-:
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
I arrived at LAX one evening last month and went to the Club to wait while city traffic subsided. Not having to leave for a flight I relaxed and enjoyed the ambiance of the place. It was so nice that I didn't really want to leave. I don't know if that says more about me or about the Club...
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:47 pm

It's also great to see the staff proud of their facilities and product.

lounge is great and I have found BOS, ORD (B Concourse) to be nice. Would love to see better relaxing seating instead of all upright club seats and some more intimate quiet space. Also, I still think the showers are the greatest amenity and I'm sad to see them not integrated to the hub clubs (except for Polaris Lounges).

overall, Great improvement.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does the new T7 UC lounge take one time passes?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:00 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Does the new T7 UC lounge take one time passes?
Yes -- except in the case of temporary crowding but have not heard of that happening with the new club.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So *A Lounge has better food and showers compared to this new UC?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Light years ahead. Worth the walk if you have access and the time. UC has great views and a lot of light. *A lounge has more of a "clubby" vibe and a cool patio looking into terminal area below.

I'm guessing the new LAX Polaris lounge (when finished and if one has access) may lessen the need to make the journey.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 22, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old May 22, 2017, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Yeah I'm going to be connecting through LAX at the end of January but I heard the Polaris Lounge still won't be ready then.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The UC is a beautiful space, IMO on par with the TBIT lounge. But no, the food is the same joke you'll find at any UC and there are no showers.

If transiting LAX UA to UA, I would only go down to the TBIT lounge if you had 1.5+ hours or wanted to take the walk anyway. It's a great lounge but I don't think it's worth 45 minutes of walking just to spend 15 in the lounge.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah I'm going to be connecting through LAX at the end of January but I heard the Polaris Lounge still won't be ready then.
Allegedly later this year. Hard to see progress because work is behind walls, but I think a pre-2018 opening is plausible with as much time they have had so far in the space:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...17-2018-a.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.