Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by eeflyer
Thanks for the picture and advice! I moved over to 17C.

Edit: I have a short connection, so staying towards the front is preferred over the 39 rows for this flight.
Agreed. You can't get off the plane any faster than sitting in 17C.

David
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Seats - 777 - DEN to HNL

Rarely fly UA so this will be my first time on a 777 in F. Suggestions for seat selection? There are 2 of us.
I noticed that this plane has the rear facing seats. Another first.
Thanks for any input.

Or just point me to the thread where this is discussed.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Have u looked here? 4 starters! Not always correct, but it's a clue!
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...-200_3_New.php
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Have u looked here? 4 starters! Not always correct, but it's a clue!
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...-200_3_New.php
I imagine this would be an HD772, which would be this seat map. I have yet to fly this configuration (will next month EWR-LAX), but rows 2 and 3 on the edge are clearly the best IMO. I would take rear-facing if you are planning to sleep, but that's more a personal preference (I know some people here hate rear-facing seats).
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:47 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I hate to be the one to give the heads-up to OP about the Denver F catering ongoing issues...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I suggest you start here. In short, any side pair is going to be decent, probably in rows 2-3 are your best bet. There's nothing particularly good or bad about facing backwards, although it's a pretty cool experience if you've never done it before.

As mentioned, there is basically no F catering for flights leaving DEN right now. They will serve various Y meals on china, but if you want a full meal I recommend eating before the flight.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
any side pair is going to be decent, probably in rows 2-3 are your best bet
Row 2 is best IMO. Avoid row 1.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I imagine this would be an HD772, which would be this seat map. I have yet to fly this configuration (will next month EWR-LAX), but rows 2 and 3 on the edge are clearly the best IMO. I would take rear-facing if you are planning to sleep, but that's more a personal preference (I know some people here hate rear-facing seats).
Hmmm... that's not the map UA was showing me...
I believe it's this one.
https://seatguru.com/airlines/United..._777-200_9.php

And on the rear facing seats... are you staring at the people across from you or are there dividers?
Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pkerr
And on the rear facing seats... are you staring at the people across from you or are there dividers?
Thanks
There are dividers. You stare at the pax across the aisle. This is true front and rear facing.

Rear facing doesn't affect the quality of the experience. Which row and seat you choose does.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
There are dividers. You stare at the pax across the aisle. This is true front and rear facing.

Rear facing doesn't affect the quality of the experience. Which row and seat you choose does.
What row and seat would you suggest? New to this plane. I'm think K&L of row 2.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I imagine this would be an HD772, which would be this seat map. ).
Hmmm... that's not the map UA was showing me...
I believe it's this one.
https://seatguru.com/airlines/United..._777-200_9.php
Yes those are the same -- the is a minor sub-varitation in Rows 37-38-39 in economy -- but otherwise in front they are both the same.

Yes, if you look out into the aisle. But if looking at the video screen no.
It is bothers some but not others. It is the same as the 747 was, the present other UA 3-class aircraft -- 772, 763, ... if you have flown any of them
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
What row and seat would you suggest? New to this plane. I'm think K&L of row 2.
2KL sounds like an excellent choice.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Row 2 is best IMO. Avoid row 1.
All of row 1? Is it the curvature of the plane which mostly effects 1C/K or the OH bin issues? I've flown the HD a handful of times but in 4B mostly (once in 3C, talk about a lack of privacy!). I wanted to switch it up so I'm in 1L next week. Am I in for a doozy?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Why? Is it the curvature of the plane and OH bin issues? I've flown the HD a handful of times but in 4B mostly (once in 3 E, talk about a lack of privacy!). I wanted to switch it up so I'm in 1L next week. Am I in for a doozy?
Yes, curvature of the fuselage means that 1K is literally in the aisle. It's a terrible, awful seat. 1L is better, though you're still close to the galley. The seat map does not accurately show how these seats are situated relative to the aisle and galley.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Yes, curvature of the fuselage means that 1K is literally in the aisle. It's a terrible, awful seat. 1L is better, though you're still close to the galley. The seat map does not accurately show how these seats are situated relative to the aisle and galley.
Do you feel closer to the galley in 1L than 4B?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.