Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdraco
Island Hopper Flight Date: MONDAY October 24, 2016 - Departs HNL @ 7:25am (may need to overnight if flying in the night before)

Reception at GUM: TUESDAY evening October 25, 2016 after landing at GUM.

GUM Airport Tour: WEDNESDAY October 26,2016

Can I book an award? Absolutely! 25k for HNL > GUM, 35k US > HNL > GUM.

Discount on paid tickets? Yes - use offer code ZWWW536956 when searching for flights on ua.com (more details in 2nd post in thread).

Hotels? The event hotel will be the Westin Resort Guam. Room rates are as follows:

Base room: $160 plus tax
Ocean view room: $180 plus tax
To get these rates you will have to call the hotel directly and mention the UA Frequent Flyer Giving event. The direct number is +1.671.647-1020. Starwood reservations knows nothing of our special rate.

Resturants? TBD.

Shirts: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0HGWZuqDGYrIBR
Print Wikipost

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonei
Beyond the discounted rate, what conveniences/advantages will there be for those staying at the Westin vs. other hotels?
The reception and silent auction will be held at the Westin. Also, we will have transportation shuttles available to/from that location only.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Exclamation

For those interested in getting together before the official event starts, n Sunday October 23rd we have a reservation for dinner at Hula Grill in Waikiki at 5:45pm. Spaces are limited. Please PM me if you are interest in joining us.

This is NOT a part of the official event and the cost of dinner/drinks was NOT included in the cost of the official event.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Oct 14, 2016 at 7:09 pm
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Registration for this event is closed! We're looking forward to seeing all the 22 paid and registered participants there next week! (as always, let us know if you should be on the page 1 list and you are not)

Last edited by JC1120; Oct 19, 2016 at 10:17 am
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:42 pm

Anyone else in our group on UA 300 SFO-HNL on Sunday? If so, PM me if you want to share a ride to Waikiki.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
For those interested in getting together before the official event starts, n Sunday October 23rd we have a reservation for dinner at Hula Grill in Waikiki at 5:45pm. Spaces are limited. Please PM me if you are interest in joining us.

This is NOT a part of the official event and the cost of dinner/drinks was NOT included in the cost of the official event.
FYI - in order to get a larger table the restaurant asked we change our reservation to 5:30pm ... all those who asked to join us are nw confirmed. When you arrive ask for the Frequent Flyer Giving table.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
FYI - in order to get a larger table the restaurant asked we change our reservation to 5:30pm ... all those who asked to join us are nw confirmed. When you arrive ask for the Frequent Flyer Giving table.
We will be handing out the shirts at the Hula Grill event so everyone has a chance to have the shirt on for the flight in the morning.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For dinner tonight a few of us are going to Proa in Agana, Guam. We can NT get a group reservation but a few of us plan on being there just before 6pm when they open. After dinner we can visit Chamorro Village, which is across the street.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
can't wait to see pics from the event; the @weareunited twitter account has retweeted a few over the past couple of days. kicking myself for missing it!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for attending everyone! All attendees should have gotten an email with the login details for a Google Photos site to share pictures/videos with the group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.