Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdraco
Island Hopper Flight Date: MONDAY October 24, 2016 - Departs HNL @ 7:25am (may need to overnight if flying in the night before)

Reception at GUM: TUESDAY evening October 25, 2016 after landing at GUM.

GUM Airport Tour: WEDNESDAY October 26,2016

Can I book an award? Absolutely! 25k for HNL > GUM, 35k US > HNL > GUM.

Discount on paid tickets? Yes - use offer code ZWWW536956 when searching for flights on ua.com (more details in 2nd post in thread).

Hotels? The event hotel will be the Westin Resort Guam. Room rates are as follows:

Base room: $160 plus tax
Ocean view room: $180 plus tax
To get these rates you will have to call the hotel directly and mention the UA Frequent Flyer Giving event. The direct number is +1.671.647-1020. Starwood reservations knows nothing of our special rate.

Resturants? TBD.

Shirts: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0HGWZuqDGYrIBR
Print Wikipost

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:52 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by GDL
I am finding hard to justify the roundtrip HNL-GUM price of around $1900. I've done the island hopper for around half that price before. Perhaps another time. All my best to those onboard.
Also it might be worth considering an award.

50k for HNL > hopper > GUM > HNL to save $1,900 gives a redemtion rate of $0.038 / point.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:55 am

Yeah don't do this as a standalone HNL-GUM, but as a round trip from the US to Asia via HNL and GUM.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:04 am
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
That's odd - I'm paying less from the east coast and then heading to Narita from GUM and then back to the Northeast - perhaps you should try it again later - .bomb may have been flaky.....
I will definitely keep an eye out on price changes. I will play around with some tools to bring down that price.
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Also it might be worth considering an award.

50k for HNL > hopper > GUM > HNL to save $1,900 gives a redemtion rate of $0.038 / point.
Miles are tied up in some future-booked holiday travel down under. I'd have to move some stuff around.

I'll keep looking towards joining the party. The dates match nicely for me but the price tag took me aback. Cursory look at seating chart today was showing most of A, C, D, and F seats in E+ taken. E- is wide open.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:06 am
GDL

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Yeah don't do this as a standalone HNL-GUM, but as a round trip from the US to Asia via HNL and GUM.
Would be positioned in HNL already. Which is why the dates were like seeing a unicorn trot on past me.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by GDL
Would be positioned in HNL already. Which is why the dates were like seeing a unicorn trot on past me.
You should still look into HNL-GUM-onward Asia fares
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Lots of interest! I was concerned about scheduling. As more details have been released the more disappointed I have become. I will be at GUM 11/21 and 11/29 Boo. I can't reschedule / break annual commitment.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Looks like I can do it on those dates.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:49 am

This sucks. The flights fit my budget, and the timing might, just possibly work.

Dammit.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
That's odd - I'm paying less from the east coast and then heading to Narita from GUM and then back to the Northeast - perhaps you should try it again later - .bomb may have been flaky.....
Could you perhaps post a sample itinerary?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by GDL
I am finding hard to justify the roundtrip HNL-GUM price of around $1900. I've done the island hopper for around half that price before. Perhaps another time. All my best to those onboard.
HNL-GUM (UA154) 24OCT
GUM-NRT (UA873) 26OCT
NRT-GUM (UA874) 26OCT
GUM-HNL (UA200) 27OCT

Multi-city, ua.com, $645 (without discount code).
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice. After all other things evaluated, looked at my available vacation days, that looks to be the sticking point. Found reasonable itineraries as well
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:22 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Nice. After all other things evaluated, looked at my available vacation days, that looks to be the sticking point. Found reasonable itineraries as well
Don't worry. This counts as a company fact-finding initiative. No vacation days required.

What if you discover your firm might desperately need an office in GUM on this boondoggle business trip?! If you don't go, you'll never know. You can't afford to risk it!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Don't worry. This counts as a company fact-finding initiative. No vacation days required.

What if you discover your firm might desperately need an office in GUM on this boondoggle business trip?! If you don't go, you'll never know. You can't afford to risk it!
LOL yeah we'd love to have a hyper-satellite clinic...
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:10 pm
GDL

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
You should still look into HNL-GUM-onward Asia fares
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
HNL-GUM (UA154) 24OCT
GUM-NRT (UA873) 26OCT
NRT-GUM (UA874) 26OCT
GUM-HNL (UA200) 27OCT

Multi-city, ua.com, $645 (without discount code).
Thank you for the help/slight shove of encouragement.
My initial search and response ($1900) was waaay high for my liking (and yours), but after tooling around, adding an Narita leg in there, price came out to half of original estimates.
Booked. See you folks in October!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:55 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I'm in! Just booked HNL-GUM-NRT for 25k OW, will sort out the rest later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.